• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

US 'prepared' for N Korea missile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US 'prepared' for N Korea missile

Full Story Here

North Korea has stepped up its missile programme in recent weeks
    The US is "in a good position" to protect its territory from a potential North Korean missile strike, US Defence Secretary Robert Gates has said.

His comments came in response to a report that North Korea was considering launching a missile towards Hawaii.

Pearl Harbour all over again anyone ?
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

I wouldn't be surprised if that recent blast equivalent to so many thousand of tonnes of TNT was only so many thousand of tonnes of TNT.

Comment

Sounds like thats Obama giving it large, e.g., "Come and gies it, ya bas"

Comment

But the real reason the Septics are upset is that N Korea have qualified for the World Cup

Unlike the Septics who are rubbish at footie and only play girl's games that no-one else is interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          But the real reason the Septics are upset is that N Korea have qualified for the World Cup

Unlike the Septics who are rubbish at footie and only play girl's games that no-one else is interested in.
          yes but they are world champions in it - like they are in that rounders they play in their PJ's
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Russia also said that any missile fired over its territory from North Korea would be shot down.

Do they actually have the technology to do that? I think they are just talking themselves up.
            Originally posted by cailin maith
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
              Russia also said that any missile fired over its territory from North Korea would be shot down.

Do they actually have the technology to do that? I think they are just talking themselves up.
              Not a chance!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Not a chance!
                Thought so, we spend far more on military spending that Russia and don't have anything like that.
                Originally posted by cailin maith
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  yes but they are world champions in it - like they are in that rounders they play in their PJ's
                  They are only world champions because they wont let anybody else play in their world championship tournaments. I believe there are quite a few other nations that could put together a better rounders team than the yanks.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                    They are only world champions because they wont let anybody else play in their world championship tournaments. I believe there are quite a few other nations that could put together a better rounders team than the yanks.
                    The Japs are quite keen on the old rounders!

Comment

Working...
                    X