• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any recommendations for a top end Windows Mobile phone with tarrif detail ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any recommendations for a top end Windows Mobile phone with tarrif detail ?

After jumping through hoops to get my PAC code from Carphone Warehouse I am finally going to jump providers and I am leaning extremely heavily towards Windows Mobile phones with unlimited internet (whatever unlimited 'really' means these days).

Can anyone recommend me a phone / PDA with windows mobile, the O2 Fine (Aka HTC Advantage) is a beast but I don't know their tarrifs as its business only and they open on Mondays. Any other recommendations for Windows Mobile ? I've looked at the HTC Touch Pro 2 on the Vodafone website but I am not happy at their 500MB monthly limit on web browsing, sort of defeats the point really.

Your advice as always is greatly appreciated to a clueless consumer who is not ubquitous and therefore cannot experience everything himself.

Sony Erricson Xperian X1.

It's actually built by HTC, which means a 3.5 Headphone jack instead of the proprietory Sony one, and lots of other PDA goodness, but unfortunately also means a tulipe camera instead of a cybershot.

Overall though, a bloody good device (IMO).

I have it on Vodafone with 'unlimited' internet for a fiver a month extra. Which means I can use Microsoft push email from my exchange server and hook the phone up to my laptop to use as a modem whenever I want as well.
    Still Invoicing

Comment

Save yourself a lot of grief and get an iphone. Everything else is second league.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
        Save yourself a lot of grief and get an iphone. Everything else is second league.

PZZ
        All style, little substance, most phones are better than the iphone, however the front end of the iphones is hard to beat for simplicity.

I've had an iphone by the way and found them sluggish and it crashed a lot.

I've now got a Nokia N96 and it's way better.
        Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
          All style, little substance, most phones are better than the iphone, however the front end of the iphones is hard to beat for simplicity.

I've now got a Nokia N96 and it's way better.
          Sounds like you dont need our help here then. iphone still the best all round choice in my opinion.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
            I must be getting old.

A telephone that crashes?

Just how tulipe is that?

How is that in any possible way acceptable?
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I just need a phone to conviniently and quickly a) type and view word documents b) view movies c) surf the web (important) d) send e-mails e) watch .WMV / flash files e) use with Skype and d) use Windows Mobile only financial software.

I think the HTC Advantage A.K.A. the O2 "XDA Flint" does it for me, I looked at the sister phone of that new HTC Touch Pro 2 and the screen size is just too small.

Comment

Working...
              X