• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DV Form Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DV Form Question

I am currently completing a DV form for security clearance and have a question for anyone who has completed one who is a contractor.

On the employment questions, how have you gone about completing the previous employment locations if you have been a contractor through your own limited company for over ten years?

Do you list your current employer as your own company and then take each of the past contracts as employment for the purposes of the form. Then in the notes part highlight that you have worked through your own company for each organisation that you have worked at.?

Then for each "employer" you list a hiring manager or team leader from each as a reference.

Do you also put down that you are a director of your own company.?

It just worries me slightly about the limited company aspect when reading the questions in the form because all of the questions are geared up for permy roles and not contracts.

Any help world be appreciated.
    Cheers.

Your own company is your employer. Put that.

The location is where your co is based. Put that.

Hiring/Line manager I'd stick down colleagues at previous contracts pointing out they were client contacts.

Comment

I have copies of my CV and various other documents formatted the way they like it. I print that out and write "see attachment" on the relevant sections of the forms.

Yeah, many such forms are geared up to the bizarre world view civil savants hold. Just wait 'til you get on site to realise just how bizarre!

threaded in "doughnut" mode
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Ok cheers
        I have been taking each contract as a permie job with line managers being used as the references for each site.

Comment

Do you not remember signing the official secrets act before you started to complete the form?

Comment

Working...
          X