• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Want an urgent Drs/Dentist/Hospital appointment?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want an urgent Drs/Dentist/Hospital appointment?

Then say you're a Traveller...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ight-away.html

Can't be arsed to see if we've done this one...
    Last edited by zeitghost; 20 June 2009, 22:06.

Can I Just say that the article is a load of bulltulip. First off the bat is the opening paragraph using the line..

"Five or ten minutes is the average" for consultations.

A range cannot be an average, surgeries book appointments and they choose the time which can be between that range but most choose 7.5 minutes, they will not book 20 minute appointments.

"Staff will be given 'mandatory cultural awareness' training so they can fully understand what it is like to be a traveller or gipsy. "

Bollocks, twisting words, we all get diversity training courses in the big firms but to say that it is targeted towards a the "traveller or gipsy" community in the NHS is complete crap.

"Yet no special treatment is promised for other groups such as those from the Asian sub-continent or Africa."

Of course it is not, why mention it?

"The rules form part of the Primary Care Service Framework, drawn up by the NHS Primary Care Commissioning - an advisory service for local health trusts "

And there we get to the point, an advisory service is now deemed as policy by the Daily Mail. They get "They will also be given" and "Staff will be given" in the first part of the story but sneek in "The guidance" and "an advisory service" later when the average Daily Mail reader has made up their mind.

If you want to believe that crap then go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      "The rules form part of the Primary Care Service Framework, drawn up by the NHS Primary Care Commissioning - an advisory service for local health trusts "

And there we get to the point, an advisory service is now deemed as policy by the Daily Mail. They get "They will also be given" and "Staff will be given" in the first part of the story but sneek in "The guidance" and "an advisory service" later when the average Daily Mail reader has made up their mind.

If you want to believe that crap then go for it.
      Calm down. The Daily Mail and its readers are not highly regarded by anyone that has received an education.

Even on here people will admit to reading the Guardian, but not the Daily Mail.

People just post links to Daily Mail stories to wind the rest of us up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        Calm down. The Daily Mail and its readers are not highly regarded by anyone that has received an education.
        CyberSnailMan loves it,

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          CyberSnailMan loves it,
          I rest my case.

Comment

Had a laugh last weekend at a family do. Some remote cousin was mouthing off about immigrants, asylum seekers, house prices* etc. While he paused for breath I said "Do you read the Daily Mail?". Huge laugh - and that cousin doesn't talk to me anymore, which is fair result...

* Really.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

but they've taken the poll down!
              http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/node/9693
              I did vote Yes but only 3 times.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Had a laugh last weekend at a family do. Some remote cousin was mouthing off about immigrants, asylum seekers, house prices* etc. While he paused for breath I said "Do you read the Daily Mail?". Huge laugh - and that cousin doesn't talk to me anymore, which is fair result...

* Really.

Cos there's no problem with immigration is there ? .. and HMG are not losing 1 Billion pounds every two days are they ?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Is this the 5 minute argument or the full half hour...
                  I've told you already!!!!

Comment

Actually, the most comprehensive stories about things that PC sorts are not supposed to mention are in The Guardian or The Independent. For the shock headlines read The Mail, for the real ammo us nasty righty types read the quality liberal papers. Usually a few weeks earlier too.

Or The Times, this today for example:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6544676.ece
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 21 June 2009, 20:10.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X