• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RentaCoder or GetACoder - Review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RentaCoder or GetACoder - Review

Guys

I have about three mini-projects I need to get done but frankly just dont have the time anymore. I was looking at out-sourcing to one of the sites in the title.

I know posters on here have discussed this before, but can those of you who have actually used the services post a review, cost and issues you faced and if websites perhaps a link for us to look at?

Thx in anticipation.

MF
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Think d000hg has used those sort of things before, maybe give him a shout.

Comment

Yeah, my general findings are they can be good IF you are prepared to put a lot of time into finding the right team/person. I would NOT trust anyone I find on these sites to act unsupervised on a spec unless I have worked with them before - you have to constantly supervise and so on.

I actually tend to find more developers through technical forums than off those sites. My business is acting as technical lead (lead developer/architect/technical PM depending on project size and how busy I am) to give all projects a technically competent UK front-man, alleviating the concerns people have interacting directly with sites like RAC.

If you fancy, give me a PM. I'd be happy to see if your projects fit areas I know about, and potentially quote for them. If not, then no worries, and good luck with it.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
      X