• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

O2 Vs Vodafone mobile phone internet browsing in central London, opinions please.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O2 Vs Vodafone mobile phone internet browsing in central London, opinions please.

O2 Vs Vodafone mobile phone internet browsing in central London, your opinions please.

Calling out to all Vodafone and O2 internet users on MOBILE PHONES in Central London, how do you find your service ? i.e. opening up say the BBC Web page, connection times to the internet when you step out of the London Underground ? any hidden caps or charges on each Vodafone or O2 scheme.

Also have any of you contractors out there managed to get a phone on either the O2 or Vodafone Business Tarrifs ?

I must admit, I have VODAFONE mobile broadband on a LAPTOP, I am assuming its going to have a comparable level of service to a Vodafone mobile phone broadband i.e. basically its GPRS in restaurants / department stores but UMTS or HSDPA when you are out on the streets, my Vodafone mobile broadband on the laptop takes ages to connect to the web I wonder if their mobile phones are like that also ....? answers on a post card please.

You are Tim Westwood and I claim my five chunky gold chains.
    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
      Who on Earth is Tim Westwood, I've been on this site for years, from the days of 'jr' / 'pF' / 'Fleetwood' and I've never heard of the guy or is he a real life celeb ?

I ask these sorts of questions on this forum because I know you guys are the
      expert consumer / government watchdogs of the UK.

Comment

We have an O2 business contract but we do not use it for web access. If you run a Ltd Co I cannot imagine a reason why you couldn't have a business account?
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
          Originally posted by eliquant View Post
          Who on Earth is Tim Westwood, I've been on this site for years, from the days of 'jr' / 'pF' / 'Fleetwood' and I've never heard of the guy or is he a real life celeb ?

I ask these sorts of questions on this forum because I know you guys are the
          expert consumer / government watchdogs of the UK.
          He is a DJ who like to sound 'street' my putting emphasis on the wrong words.....
          Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
            He is a DJ who like to sound 'street' my putting emphasis on the wrong words.....
            You mean a 'plonker', thanks for that !

Anyhow back to my original question, internet on a mobile phone on either Vodafone or O2 in London, good service or bad service in your opinion ?

Comment

Apologies - I know it's not directly what you asked but my Nokia E71 on 3 is excellent - I moved to 3 from Voda for other reasons and it was 4 yrs ago but then the coverage on 3 was way better - according to what I read it still is.

Comment

O2 3G coverage is excellent throughout town on my iPhone - don't know about dongles though.

Get a signal throughout the building.

I get unlimited data (untethered) as part of my subscription.

IIRC, if you work in the city you can get "The Cloud" wifi pretty much everywhere too.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                X