• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

James May's flight to 'edge of space'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James May's flight to 'edge of space'

A must watch IMO - some really good telly at last

BBC Four at 10.05pm on 21 June 2009.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8110001.stm
    www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

i know, looks like it should be good. but he won't have that madman oz clark to wind him up

Comment

wow
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

WHS

That was very good and despite what I'd expected from a USAF pilot, the driver of the U2 seemed to be very chilled and laid back.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          The thing on BBC4 was interesting too... loved the bit where they told him his thigh length was short enough not to lose his legs if he had to eject...
          That used to be the gig at aircrew selection for the RAF that if the length from your hip to your knee was too long you wouldn't be accepted for pilot training because if you had to bang out you'd leave the bit below your knees behind ... admittedly as a stand-up once pointed out "stings a bit, but less so than staying with it".

Comment

Very enjoyable programme (watched the BBC4 extra too). But I can't help feeling that 70,000 feet isn't really space, especially if you consider Concorde could fly at 60,000 feet without the need for pressure suits or rubber things on your willy.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Very enjoyable programme (watched the BBC4 extra too). But I can't help feeling that 70,000 feet isn't really space, especially if you consider Concorde could fly at 60,000 feet without the need for pressure suits or rubber things on your willy.
              I missed the prog, but am curious to know why one needs "rubber things on your willy" at 70,000'
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                I missed the prog, but am curious to know why one needs "rubber things on your willy" at 70,000'
                It's just that much fun. You don't want jizz loating about in zero-G...
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

70,000 feet isn't really space
                  The source of all truth (wikipedia) says that you had to go to 50miles(264,000 feet) to get your astronaut wings so 70,000 seems a little limp!

Comment

Concordes' fuselage is pressurised - the U2 cockpit isn't

Comment

Working...
                    X