• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Was that really the Stig

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was that really the Stig

Is that the best kept secret on Top Gear or was it just a stunt for the new series?
    Yes, How brilliant is that. The best driver in the world is the Stig.
    2.33%
    No, just another in a long line of poor stunts by a bunch of poor.......
    69.77%
    Andyw will reveal himself at an appropriate time.
    27.91%
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Just a stunt, an article on the BBC website tells you. He did the lap in the Ferrari though.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

It was a stunt. A very good one though. Thoroughly enjoyable show. Best thing on TV all week.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        Just a stunt, an article on the BBC website tells you. He did the lap in the Ferrari though.
        I think Ferrari sent him over for a hot lap in their new batmobile, they just wanted to make sure that nothing this millennium will knock it off the top spot and it looks as though nothing will.

Geza practically said it wasn’t the stig at the end anyway.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          Is that the best kept secret on Top Gear or was it just a stunt for the new series?
          Just let me think for a moment............... errrrrr Stunt!

Comment

Geza on the Lotus Evora: "It corners like a water-boatman in a kettle".

Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Ferrari wouldn't let the stig drive the car, so they sent schumacher.

That's why the stig made schumacher look rubbish in the reasonably priced car at the end. He was pi$$ed.
              Originally posted by cailin maith
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
                Ferrari wouldn't let the stig drive the car, so they sent schumacher.

That's why the stig made schumacher look rubbish in the reasonably priced car at the end. He was pi$$ed.
                That was Schumacher's own FXX, given to him by Ferrari when he retired from F1.... I expect it was him that didn't want The Stig driving it not Ferrari

Comment

That car is the only all-black Ferrari FXX and it was made as an extra to the already existing 29 FXX's for Michael Schumacher by Ferrari when hre retired from driving F1.

He drove it because it is his car.

But it should not count as it is not a legal road car.

It was a good season opener anyway.
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    It was a stunt. A very good one though. Thoroughly enjoyable show. Best thing on TV all week.
                    Nah, the James May documentary on the Apollo moon landings, just afterwards, was better.

Top Gear is puerile tosh. That's why I like it.
                    Last edited by NotAllThere; 22 June 2009, 08:57.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X