• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Status update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status update

How is everyone benched finding things in their respective areas?

Been on the bench for a few weeks now - taking it easy - but keeping a (lazy) eye on JobSwerve etc and it seems fairly quite in my area (Svc Delivery).

Is this the same for everyone else?

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    How is everyone benched finding things in their respective areas?

Been on the bench for a few weeks now - taking it easy - but keeping a (lazy) eye on JobSwerve etc and it seems fairly quite in my area (Svc Delivery).

Is this the same for everyone else?
    I'm looking even though I'm in a role (coming up for renewal/binning) and it's exceptionally quiet. I'd go as far as saying it's quieter now than it was in December
    Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
    I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Dead. Absolute tumbleweed.
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

The market is dreadful. My phone's gone green mouldy from lack of use.

Comment

My market is booming... juggling between jobs at the minute, a number of phone calls last week, 2 of the jobs potentially were direct with client.

The week before that I turned a job down, just did not have the capacity to spare...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
            Dead. Absolute tumbleweed.
            Tumbleweed? You're lucky.

I've got dandelions growing up between the job ads.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Well, at least it is not just my area then.

What areas do you all work in?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                Tumbleweed? You're lucky.

I've got dandelions growing up between the job ads.
                I thought that you were working RC on COTS or somesuch
                Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Have a CV full of Banks and Telcos
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    My market is booming... juggling between jobs at the minute, a number of phone calls last week, 2 of the jobs potentially were direct with client.

The week before that I turned a job down, just did not have the capacity to spare...
                    I am a touch smug and boomed to boot
                    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Working...
                    X