• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas

Not wishing to get anyone on a downer here, but how many of us are going away for the festivities?
    Staying at home
    44.44%
    Going away in UK
    7.41%
    Going away (warmer)
    29.63%
    Going away (colder)
    3.70%
    Andyw is Santa
    14.81%
    Last edited by Menelaus; 22 June 2009, 14:46. Reason: Adding poll

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Not wishing to get anyone on a downer here, but how many of us are going away for the festivities?
    I am usually away for most of the winter, don't think this year will be any different. Not much chance of an urgent contract keeping me here or bringing me back either
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I shall be spending the 2 weeks on Cabaret beach in the Dominican Republic learning how to kite surf.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

From late Oct / early Nov if things go to plan.

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
          According to the "widget" my kids installed on my phone there are still 186 days to go.

I can barely work out what I'm going to be doing this evening let alone in 186 days time.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
            According to the "widget" my kids installed on my phone there are still 186 days to go.

I can barely work out what I'm going to be doing this evening let alone in 186 days time.
            Getting run ragged by your kids, perchance?

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
              WHS++

I usually start planning Christmas on 24th December. If the shops were open, I'd wait until the morning of the 25th

Comment

Malta last Xmas.....

Looking at N. Africa for this year....

I don't like Xmas so somewhere nice and Islamic would be great!

T

Comment

The ex has the twins for xmas this year.

We will designate another day as xmas day!

Comment

Was planning on a couple of weeks away somewhere warm over xmas/new year... but xmas plans have now been thrown into disarray due to an extension offer up until mid-Jan.........

Comment

Working...
                    X