• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not good news for IT contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not good news for IT contractors

Not too sure that I would go along with all the points here:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8111846.stm

But not good news for many anyway.

PZZ

Eggs, all in one basket?

Chickens, home to roost?

The country is F**ked!

Comment

You know, what I don't get is, how borrowing money from the Chinese to buy TVs etc. made in China, was ever thought a good idea.

Then, when it all goes tits'up, as expected, borrowing more money from the Chinese to keep 'liquidity' in the banks.

And then to cover the interest on these loans, borrowing yet more money from the Chinese.

Could someone please explain where I've gone wrong in this analysis...
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Come on. Most of these weren't 'jobs' in the first place. Tony Bliar and Gordy created these for well documented reasons, and spanked a small fortune of our money subsidising this tulip

It's all unravelling at the same time. Total shambles.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          You know, what I don't get is, how borrowing money from the Chinese to buy TVs etc. made in China, was ever thought a good idea.

Then, when it all goes tits'up, as expected, borrowing more money from the Chinese to keep 'liquidity' in the banks.

And then to cover the interest on these loans, borrowing yet more money from the Chinese.

The genius stroke of the west will be to wipe out all that debt with a wee bit of hyperinflation. I don't see any other option.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

No one thinks it is a good idea. But there is no choice.
            There is no free lunch, but people in the west think that there is.
            The Chinese have earned their money and saved it, the West has been busy spending money it hasn't earned.
            Western politicians are currently in the business of postponing the inevitable and maintaining the statuis quo, but by doing that they just make the inevitable implosion more painful
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Ha! I've been in my job for more than 5 years. Home and dry!

Comment

More than half of UK jobs created in the business services sector during the past five years will be axed by 2011, a study suggests.

have already been axed

Comment

Working...
                X