• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'No Borders' and their 'Freedom of movement' camp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'No Borders' and their 'Freedom of movement' camp

Classic Daily Mail article -
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...-controls.html

The trouble with "freedom of movement" is it's always going to be one way traffic as far as this country is concerned, much as it would be great for all the "No Borders" activists to be dumped in Algeria and have their benefits stopped to experience another culture.

Ironically it's all our fault
    Last month Natacha Bouchart, the mayor of Calais, said the UK’s lax asylum system and benefits culture had ‘imposed’ thousands of illegal migrants on her town.

In a blistering attack in which she also called for millions in compensation, Mrs Bouchart said the UK was entirely to blame for the those who use the port as a staging point.

Last month Natacha Bouchart, the mayor of Calais, said the UK’s lax asylum system and benefits culture had ‘imposed’ thousands of illegal migrants on her town.

In a blistering attack in which she also called for millions in compensation, Mrs Bouchart said the UK was entirely to blame for the those who use the port as a staging point.

I wonder what the origin of Madame Bouchart's surname is? Do we think that her family has "crossed the border" in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
      I wonder what the origin of Madame Bouchart's surname is? Do we think that her family has "crossed the border" in the past?
      An inspired hunch, good general knowledge or excellent knowledge of languages? Linky:

Surname: Bouchard
      Despite its "french" appearance is in fact of Anglo-Saxon origin. It was originally a compound personal name comprising the elements of "Burgh" and "heard" which translates as "Fortress-Hard". The name is well recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Burchardus, Burkart, Burchart and Burcadus, however the Normans who originally "lifted" the name from the Saxons also introduced it as Bouchart, which was "anglicized to Bocard. The recordings of the spelling as "Bouchard" suggest that this is a later (Huguenot) introduction following the "Purge" of 1628 in France.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Sadly I agree with her. These people, some of whom are real asylum seekers, travel thousands of miles in the worst of conditions to get to the UK. While doing this they are passing through other rich western countries yet they press on to the UK, why?
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          An inspired hunch, good general knowledge or excellent knowledge of languages? Linky:
          I just assumed it was French to be honest and it looks like I was wrong.

Anyway, I blame the Romans, they were the first lot. Coming over here, paving our roads, installing central-heating.

Comment

These people....

DAILY WAIL ALERT!
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Sadly I agree with her. These people, some of whom are real asylum seekers, travel thousands of miles in the worst of conditions to get to the UK. While doing this they are passing through other rich western countries yet they press on to the UK, why?
              In a nutshell, and we all know the answer!

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Because they get the tulip kicked out of them by skinheads everywhere else.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Because they get the tulip kicked out of them by skinheads everywhere else.
                  You know that's just wrong.
                  It goes like this: Turn up in UK - Claim asylum as you is political/gay/minority/etc. - go claim benefits - get job if poss. (black market) to add to benefits.
                  Bored.

Comment

That is buying into the propaganda.
                    It very often depends on the origin of the migrant.
                    All the rich western countries have their own migrant problems. Whenever the UK problems is raised to ask for help the other nations tell us how many of their own they have to deal with.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X