• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Planning for Armageddon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning for Armageddon

Heard this on R4 this morning. Would be a facinating, if disturbing, read.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

I would have thought that rehearsing the end of the world would be a waste of tax payers money.....

PZZ

Comment

Is there anyone on the CUK boards who should be included in the bunker?

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
        I would have thought that rehearsing the end of the world would be a waste of tax payers money.....

PZZ
        Evidently not - it was part of the deterrent. The Soviets knew we were serious because we were rehearsing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Not in the event of nuclear war, but I can think of a few who should be chucked in there and have the door locked behind them

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            I dont think I would want to be in the bunker. Anyone capable of doing anything would be outside and dead so those who survived would be on a hiding to nothing.
            There is no point saving the great and the good to create a new world order. They would be better off saving farmers and mechanical engineers.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Eeeek!

We're doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!

In what little seriousness I can muster in the circumstances, however, we'd have been utterly, utterly fcuked. I'd have been interested in learning what the plans were for the psychiatric care of the survivors who despite no physical injuries would almost certainly be of much greater risk of .

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                I dont think I would want to be in the bunker. Anyone capable of doing anything would be outside and dead so those who survived would be on a hiding to nothing.
                There is no point saving the great and the good to create a new world order. They would be better off saving farmers and mechanical engineers.
                Easy to say now, but when that siren goes and some government official says to you "Quick, you've got to get down the bunker now", I wonder what your decision would be then?

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                  Many years ago and in another life I did "have a place in (one of the) bunkers"..........
                  winkers like Drewster

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                    We're doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!

In what little seriousness I can muster in the circumstances, however, we'd have been utterly, utterly fcuked. I'd have been interested in learning what the plans were for the psychiatric care of the survivors who despite no physical injuries would almost certainly be of much greater risk of .
                    We'd have been fecked full stop. No matter what anyone says about planning for survival we'd have been fecked. There would have been no care of any kind for the survivors. End of the world as we know it.

Go watch Threads.

Comment

Working...
                    X