• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this a sign of doom?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a sign of doom?

The station car park on my daily commute to London is about 20% quieter than last year. The train itself is about 10% quieter - it even has empty seats now, which was unheard of before.

It's a sign, but what of?

Have people moved to roads - what is the traffic like these days?

Or is it a sign of rising unemployment?

Or is it...

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    The station car park on my daily commute to London is about 20% quieter than last year. The train itself is about 10% quieter - it even has empty seats now, which was unheard of before.

It's a sign, but what of?

Have people moved to roads - what is the traffic like these days?

Or is it a sign of rising unemployment?

Or is it...
    ...a sign that men with clipboards and calculators have been terrorising commuters with mind numbing made up statistics about car park usage and train seat occupancy?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      ...a sign that men with clipboards and calculators have been terrorising commuters with mind numbing made up statistics about car park usage and train seat occupancy?
      No, personal observation.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

Or is it...
        ZEITY!!!!!!

What have you done?!!!!
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

It is a sign

That you forgot to pick up your copy of the Metro when you went through the station, and had naff all else to do but gawp around the train.
          Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Just this last month, the Tyne Tunnel has been (mostly) great...

Taken a good 20 minutes off each way

Obviously I hope no-one lost their job to make my commute more relaxed...

'elf and safety guru

Comment

The 70's version of the future is here and robots do all the work.

Everyone's spending their leisure time on the golf course or shopping for shiny clothes.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

The trains I get are still rammed, but 1st Class is much quieter now.

It used to be you'd not get a seat 1/5 journeys. I can't remember the last time I didn't get a seat. It was some time ago.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by thelace View Post
                  Just this last month, the Tyne Tunnel has been (mostly) great...

Taken a good 20 minutes off each way

Obviously I hope no-one lost their job to make my commute more relaxed...

Yeah that sounded really sincere

Do you not thin that maybe people are just on their holidays?
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                    Yeah that sounded really sincere

Do you not thin that maybe people are just on their holidays?
                    Is it holiday time already? Kids are still at school - oh ok - now's the time to have a holiday if you have no kids before the prices go up!
                    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                    X