• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, what's it like living in...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, what's it like living in...

Edinburgh?

Honestly... quality of life, things to do, weather, living costs, the commute... anyone spent any time there or still does and rate (or hate) the place?

Potentially a nice little earner up there for a while. I'm weighing it up against SW London (Richmond/Twickenham).

TIA

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Edinburgh?

Honestly... quality of life, things to do, weather, living costs, the commute... anyone spent any time there or still does and rate (or hate) the place?

Potentially a nice little earner up there for a while. I'm weighing it up against SW London (Richmond/Twickenham).

TIA
    Embra = tulipehole.

HTH

Note: M not part of VisitScotland, but grew up in the north of Scotland.

Comment

If my stag do is anything to go by, it is a nightmare to get around.

Everything is out of focus.

And even worse TittyBars close at 12AM WTF!!!!!!
      Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
        If my stag do is anything to go by, it is a nightmare to get around.

Everything is out of focus.

And even worse TittyBars close at 12AM WTF!!!!!!
        What, Embra or Richmond?

Comment

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/on-tv...rst/index.html

It also has amazing lifestyle on offer, with far and away the highest number of shops, bars and restaurants in our top ten, and for culture vultures there are more museums and galleries here than any other Local Authority.
          Best place to live apparently... and with the festival just about to get under way you'll not be short of things to do in August.

http://www.edfringe.com/
          Last edited by scooterscot; 23 June 2009, 13:24.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
            What, Embra or Richmond?
            Embra
            Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              http://www.channel4.com/4homes/on-tv...rst/index.html

Best place to live apparently... and with the festival just about to get under way you'll not be short of things to do in August.

http://www.edfringe.com/
              Best place to live? Pah.

I went to Uni in weegieville - much better

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                Best place to live? Pah.

I signed on in weegieville - much better
                You are Rab C. Nesbitt AICMFP.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I was up in Scotland last summer and noticed that they're just about to build a tram line.
                  All good, but from Richmond you have the District Line to go central in 30 minutes and that's been around for a while...

I also heard Edinburgh being described as a financial hub of the north, second only to London...

The weather's more rainy and an average 4 degrees lower.

They also deep fry everything....

So why on earth would you prefer that over London, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    You are Rab C. Nesbitt AICMFP.
                    I tell you this, boy ...

Comment

Working...
                    X