• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Love Which Dare Not Speak Its Name

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a thread here a wee while ago about mental illness.

I'd like to poll the good denizens of CUK as to their experience of it and whether or not they've taken meds / other care for it.

The poll will be wholly anonymous and there's no need to specify your meds. When selecting from the poll, above, please select the most serious (in order from CBT (low) to inpatient care(high)) that you've encountered as a patient rather than as a carer or family member.

In the interests of total disclosure, I take 300mg daily of venlafaxine that helpfully prevent me from doing ludicrous things. In the past, I've been an inpatient at a hospital in Scotland.
    No experience of mental illness
    44.12%
    Experience of mental illness - treated with CBT
    5.88%
    Experience of mental illness - treated with medication
    35.29%
    Experience of mental illness - treated with inpatient care
    2.94%
    AndyW is my community psychiatric nurse
    11.76%
    Last edited by Menelaus; 23 June 2009, 13:01. Reason: Adding poll and editing requested actions

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    In the interests of total disclosure, I take 300mg daily of venlafaxine that helpfully prevent me from doing ludicrous things.
    What, like maths and IT contracting?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

What is CBT?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        What is CBT?
        Cognitive behavioural therapy

Comment

From the title I thought this would be a thread about Drewster and Churchill.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            What, like maths and IT contracting?
            yes and yes

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
              Cognitive behavioural therapy
              Is that like "Behave or I'll give you a slap"?

Comment

I thought this was going to be about HAB and AtW

Comment

I have tourette's.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

where is the option for
                    Experience of mental illness - untreated
                    or is that the AndyW option ?

Comment

Working...
                    X