• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ireland rules OK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ireland rules OK

Go on set about me like the stooge I am.

PS Ireland does rule though
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

This nun's found an interesting use for an Irish ruler.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post

Ireland went through a bad patch a while back during the potato famine.

Then again those who left built America and my parents extension in West London. We have had no end of problems with both ever since...

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post

not the bit the we own it doesn't!
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Just had a British woman who now lives in South ireland in the office. She hates coming back to England....maybe it does rule. well, except the racist bit on the north.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
            Just had a British woman who now lives in South ireland in the office. She hates coming back to England....maybe it does rule. well, except the racist bit on the north.
            I'm the opposite - I love going home but Manchester is a million times better!

Ireland rules, occasionally, when my Dad isn't bugging me and the sun is shing... which isn't often!
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

My wife is always saying she wants to move to Ireland when the last of the kids has been booted out.

What's it like for 'incomers'?

She has some Irish ancestry (a grandparent).

My experience is that they are nice and relaxed on the whole.

The alternative was mid-Wales, where they generally put incomers in a big wicker man full of sheep and burn them on St. David's day.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                My wife is always saying she wants to move to Ireland when the last of the kids has been booted out.

What's it like for 'incomers'?

She has some Irish ancestry (a grandparent).

My experience is that they are nice and relaxed on the whole.

The alternative was mid-Wales, where they generally put incomers in a big wicker man full of sheep and burn them on St. David's day.
                It's grand, well - where I'm from anyway. My flatmate - her sister married an Irish fella (her dad is Irish but she was born and brought up over here) and she is more Irish than me now...

Where does Mrs B want to settle to?
                Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  It's grand, well - where I'm from anyway. My flatmate - her sister married an Irish fella (her dad is Irish but she was born and brought up over here) and she is more Irish than me now...

Where does Mrs B want to settle to?
                  Southwest I think. Her Grandpa was from Cork and I think she still has some aunties and cousins there.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                    Southwest I think. Her Grandpa was from Cork and I think she still has some aunties and cousins there.
                    Yeah Cork is ok - southwest would be Kerry and that neck of the woods which is very pretty.

Limerick is pretty shocking though, also known as Stab City so try to steer her in Cork/Kerry direction if you can!
                    Bazza gets caught

Comment

Working...
                    X