• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will we become Georgians?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will we become Georgians?

I've heard that Charles Philip Arthur George may choose to become King George when mammy pops her clogs.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    I've heard that Charles Philip Arthur George may choose to become King George when mammy pops her clogs.
    In 40 years
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Is that like rebranding??

PZZ

Comment

I think Liz wants to preserve the monarchy - and if anything is likely to bring it to an abrupt end it is charlie boy sitting on the throne. So I suspect she is doing everything she can to outlive him.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Is that because hes mad??

PZZ

Comment

Huzzzzahh!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

we would be better missing out Charles/George and going straight on to William

I think he would be more down with the yuuf

Comment

Given the treatment the press give him, if I had been Charles I would have said "bollocks to the lot of you" and buggered off to some tax haven ten years ago.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  Given the treatment the press give him, if I had been Charles I would have said "bollocks to the lot of you" and buggered off to some tax haven ten years ago.
                  But he's impressed by a builder's dreadlocks - dont'cha know?

Prince Charles revealed himself as a fan of a builder's dreadlocks on the first day of an annual tour of Wales.
                  Charles: so, umm, how long have you been a crusty then?

Builder: since I came off the prescription methadone, sire! [tugs forelocks]

Charles: do you think you could do me a favour and pleasure the Duchess of Cornwall while I go and talk to some raspberry canes?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8111547.stm

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                  X