• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Astounding Stupidity Continues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Astounding Stupidity Continues

A £1million Government scheme to help failed asylum seekers return home resulted in just one family leaving the UK.

A scathing report from the Children's Society says the scheme, which ran for less than a year, failed because government officials did not seem to know what it was for or how to run it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...turn-home.html

Is it even news?
    Bored.

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    A £1million Government scheme to help failed asylum seekers return home resulted in just one family leaving the UK.

A scathing report from the Children's Society says the scheme, which ran for less than a year, failed because government officials did not seem to know what it was for or how to run it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...turn-home.html

Is it even news?
    Not if it's in the Daily Mail.

HTH

Comment

I was talking to a taxi driver the other day who told me a family of five asylum seekers had been given a one million pound mansion near him by the council with a swimming pool and home cinema.

Appaeently they've has to shut the local Deaf School to pay for it.
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        I was talking to a taxi driver the other day who told me a family of five asylum seekers had been given a one million pound mansion near him by the council with a swimming pool and home cinema.

A taxi driver told you this? Wow. That's even more reliable than the Daily Mail.

"Astounding Stupidity Continues"
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Shoot the messenger why don't you.
          Bored.

Comment

Look! Kelly Brook is on holiday again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...--holiday.html

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Look! Kelly Brook is on holiday again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...--holiday.html
              I see Danny Cipriani is somewhat chubbier than the average international forward. Fat bastard; that explains why he keeps having his kicks chased down. Get off your arse and do some training you lazy slob! You can walk along tensing your abs to try and look fit, but you can't hide the love handles, you fattie.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                Shoot the messenger why don't you.
                When the message is a made up load of old bollocks, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  When the message is a made up load of old bollocks, yes.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

That's not unusual under this HMG !! We have to make a choice over keeping services or stopping immigration.

Comment

Working...
                    X