• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ford raises UK car prices by 4%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford raises UK car prices by 4%

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8116407.stm

That's going to help sales.

So many of their costs are in Euros due to manufacturing in Spain and Germany.

So basically if they had chosen to keep open or expand their plants in the UK they would be racking it in.

Not only have they put hundreds of UK workers on the scrap heap they now want the rest of us to pay extra for the privelidge.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Now the UK government has given a £2000 discount I suppose they can afford to put up prices?

Comment

I did negotiate a 7K discount on a 24K motor in January with em mind.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          I did negotiate a 7K discount on a 24K motor in January with em mind.
          do they sell 24K fords?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Now the UK government has given a £2000 discount I suppose they can afford to put up prices?

Half of that 2,000 is actually given by the car company. Labour propaganda is obviously working yet again !!

Comment

Originally posted by MrNoMotivation View Post
              do they sell 24K fords?
              No, they sell £24K cars with a 40% discount. Maybe now, they'll give a 44% discount.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Bear in mind that only half of the £2000 scrappage discount comes from the government, and they still charge VAT on the sale.

With VAT on all but the cheapest cars available at over £1500, even with the scrappage discount the government still nets £500 in tax.

Its a typical Gordon smoke & mirrors trick.
                "take me to your leader"

Comment

Working...
                X