• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ladder rage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladder rage

Came down into my kitchen this morning in my birthday-suit and a guy has his ladder up on my path up against the neighbour's house with his back to my kitchen door. I put my shorts on and went outside and asked him what he was doing as he was on private land. His answer was that he was working for my neighbour and he had said that it would be ok.

I said 'sorry mate, but what would you think if somebody just started working on your private property without asking you' ? I then got him to get the neighbour so that I could have a word. He was not in but I spoke to his wife who also thought he had asked me. Anyway, I said it would have been nice to have been asked as I would not just put my ladder up on their land and start doing work. I allowed the guy to continue, but what a cheek !!

I'm beginning to think this character is a SockPuppet. There are many similarities with the Wilmslow character.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      Came down into my kitchen this morning in my birthday-suit and a guy has his ladder up on my path up against the neighbour's house with his back to my kitchen door. I put my shorts on and went outside and asked him what he was doing as he was on private land. His answer was that he was working for my neighbour and he had said that it would be ok.

I said 'sorry mate, but what would you think if somebody just started working on your private property without asking you' ? I then got him to get the neighbour so that I could have a word. He was not in but I spoke to his wife who also thought he had asked me. Anyway, I said it would have been nice to have been asked as I would not just put my ladder up on their land and start doing work. I allowed the guy to continue, but what a cheek !!
      You living on a cul de sac explains rather a lot about you. Open plan front garden? car port? storm porch? modern house?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        You living on a cul de sac explains rather a lot about you. Open plan front garden? car port? storm porch? modern house?
        and what with all the and probably high blood pressure too!
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

<canned laughter>

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Mock Tudor? Leaded uPVC windows? Link detached?

Comment

Wiiilmsloooow!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                I'm beginning to think this character is a SockPuppet. There are many similarities with the Wilmslow character.
                Indeed it is spooky

Comment

Ha, you think that's bad... we had a house once which was semi-detached with a sort of mirror image house to ours, but we had a joint access lane up the side of our house round to the back gardens of both houses.

Anyway, one Monday morning a van load of builders turned up to work on the neighbour's house and started moving stuff up and down the access lane... no problem, fair enough. But when I got home that evening I found they'd installed a bloody Portaloo, in the lane, right outside our kitchen window.

It was a proper Victor Meldrew moment. I just, er, couldn't believe that anyone would even consider putting a mobile khazi outside their neighbour's kitchen window.

Anyway, the builders moved it the next day after I complained, and a couple of days later it must have really dawned on the neighbours that that it had been just a little bit out of order because they brought a bottle of wine round as a sort of rubbish apology.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    Came down into my kitchen this morning in my birthday-suit...
                    Stop right there...
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X