• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon Brown's 10 worst financial gaffes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon Brown's 10 worst financial gaffes

http://timesbusiness.typepad.com/mon...ial-gaffs.html

I could have written that myself. His incompetence knows no bounds and unfortunately he has made us all a lot poorer.

Comment

10? Don't they mean more like a 100 or 1000?
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Oh God!

I'm almost (almost) beginning to feel sorry for him.

He is so inept. So awkard. So crap at everything. Wrecks everything he touches.

He's the boy you never chose when picking sides for football.

He's the boy who could never assemble his Airfix Lancaster Bomber kit.

He's the boy you didn't want tagging along with the gang when you were going to your secret den in the woods.

Poor old Gordon.

I'd quite like him if he wasn't such an arrogant, pig headed megalomaniac.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

And still people say he has a great intellect!

Surely this is impossible given his incompetence.

Comment

I thought this would be funny but it's actually just depressing

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              Oh God!

I'm almost (almost) beginning to feel sorry for him.

He is so inept. So awkard. So crap at everything. Wrecks everything he touches.

He's the boy you never chose when picking sides for football.

He's the boy who could never assemble his Airfix Lancaster Bomber kit.

He's the boy you didn't want tagging along with the gang when you were going to your secret den in the woods.

Poor old Gordon.

I'd quite like him if he wasn't such an arrogant, pig headed megalomaniac.
              That's what Guido refers to as the curse of the one-eyed son of the manse. He's got a knack of jinxing anything he touches.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                That's what Guido refers to as the curse of the one-eyed son of the manse. He's got a knack of jinxing anything he touches.
                It's Sarah I feel sorry for. She, no doubt, has to sooth his fevered brow. Listen to his rantings and ravings. Say the right thing and stand by her man.

Sounds like a Herculean task to me.

Poor woman.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  I thought this would be funny but it's actually just depressing
                  That was exactly my reaction when I drew up a similar list a little while ago. Funny at first, then realisation that many of his changes are so deeply embedded, and have done so much damage, that we'll be stuck with the effects for decades.

Take pensions. 12 years ago UK private and company pensions were solvent and the envy of most countries. Now look at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    That was exactly my reaction when I drew up a similar list a little while ago. Funny at first, then realisation that many of his changes are so deeply embedded, and have done so much damage, that we'll be stuck with the effects for decades.

Take pensions. 12 years ago UK private and company pensions were solvent and the envy of most countries. Now look at them.

The really sad thing is that people have continued to vote for this destructive party despite widespread information available on the damage to pensions, economic health etc over the years. It just shows that democracy does not work in creating prosperity whenever Labour get voted in.

IMO there should be some sort of aptitude test before an election to determine whether a person is fit to vote.... perhaps five simple questions on a voting slip that even an imbecile can answer... if they fail then the vote is void.

Labour voters certainly have no right to complain about banks, pensions, immigration, wasteful public spending and the debt situation. They voted for it !!

Comment

Working...
                    X