• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heading for bankruptcy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading for bankruptcy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...re-needed.html

Speaking to the Treasury Committee of MPs, Mr King dealt a serious blow to Mr Brown's political strategy of casting the next election as a choice between "Tory cuts" and "Labour investment."

In the Budget in April, Alistair Darling set out plans to borrow an extra £700 billion over five years, taking the national debt to £1.3 trillion.

Simply paying the interest on that borrowing will soon cost more money than the Government spends on schools or defence.

There you have it. I'm voting for Labour investment. Damn them Tories and their cuts cuts cuts.

Save the NHS! Vote Labour!

So what does this mean wrt house prices?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      So what does this mean wrt house prices?
      Always up. Property only ever goes up.

Comment

As usual, Labour borrow and get us into massive debt and then the Tories have to make the cuts in services and raise taxes in order to pay back the debts. This is just not right !!

Labour should take responsibility for once !!!

Comment

Has anyone blamed Maggie yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Has anyone blamed Maggie yet?
            Me! Me! Me!

I blame Thatcher.

Comment

No, no, no. It's all been taken care of.

One of the things that the Labour government did a few years back was to soften the bankruptcy rules.

All the country needs to do is enter into an IVA with its creditors and just pay back what it can afford for five years or so.

Sorted!

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post

One of the things that the Labour government did a few years back was to soften the bankruptcy rules.

All the country needs to do is enter into an IVA with its creditors and just pay back what it can afford for five years or so.

Sorted!
                I wonder if Ocean Finance are awaiting that call from a certain Mr Darling?
                Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post

Sorted!

Not quite.

In the interim five years all you have to do is to borrow the sum of the inital debt which having then repaid - you are sorted.

Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                    I wonder if Ocean Finance are awaiting that call from a certain Mr Darling?
                    Darling & Brown can not only consolidate the debts, but go on a nice holiday as well
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X