• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

B & B in Swansea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B & B in Swansea

Hi

I have just started contracting after being made redundant. I have got my first contract working in Swansea. Does anybody know a good resonably priced B & B in or around Swansea.

I am grateful to all the contributers on this bulletin board for the information provided.

Thanks
    Mukesh Patel

http://www.enjoygower.com/

Comment

fing www.google.co.uk

do we really have to go through this all again....
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

Is BnBServe still going? (I can't be arsed to look up the URL, maybe someone else can remember it).
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Thanks Ancient and Mordac. When I did the google search these sites never came up. bnbserve site for anyone else interested http://www.bnbserve.co.uk.
          Mukesh Patel

Comment

Originally posted by Otace
            Thanks Ancient and Mordac. When I did the google search these sites never came up. bnbserve site for anyone else interested http://www.bnbserve.co.uk.
            That is an excellent site, one I did not know about and I am sure it will be of use to a number of people. So it is a good job you asked the question.

I have just booked a hotel for later in the week for an interview based on closeness to the gig and could have found something cheaper here.

There again a night in the malmaison will not do me any harm

Looking forward to see n5gooner on Mastermind, though it would be pretty boring, Google would be his answer to every question, well either that or loads of ching.

Comment

If you happen to be in Swansea make sure you visit Rhossili Bay, the best place I have seen in the UK and its only 1 hour drive from Swansea -- 30 miles I think but road is small so you won't be driving fast.

Comment

A Giant lizard lives not far from Swansea.

Maybe he has a plant B&B
                Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Originally posted by wc2
                  A Giant lizard lives not far from Swansea.

Maybe he has a plant B&B
                  Do not forget Zeta-Jones has a nice pad in Mumbles....

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001876/
                  Last edited by ancient; 31 October 2005, 20:10.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Yeah.

Catherine will put you up, no probs.

Alternatively, there's the new Travel Inn in Wind Street, handy for all the pubs, or there's a Travel Lodge out on the Enterprise Zone, handy for... Asda and the Morganite carbon brush factory.

Depends a bit on where you're working really.
                    I spent a little time at the DVLA several years ago in Swansea, the town was/is? very depressing and deprived.

Getting out near the coast and mumbles made it a little more bearable, but there again we are now in the winter season, so either way it is going to be bleak - take a few good books to read..

At this time of year you could probably rent a flat in the Marina, and atleast pop back and have a nice lunch and look out over the sea.
                    Last edited by ancient; 31 October 2005, 21:50.

Comment

Working...
                    X