• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A sort of "Online Mr Hudson".....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I'm looking for is some sort of.....

Application / web thingy which runs my life....

A sort of conceirge service....

Knows what films I like and recommends... offers to purchase?

Knows that a new play is in town or a favourite comedian is selling tickets... and advises me automatically..... offers to buy them...

Knows that I enjoy beach holiday's and knows that my contract will soon be up and contacts some holiday companies for me for quotes.

Knows I failed my MOT - contacts garages for quotes / books an appointment for a retest...car insurance / house insurance.... etc

Knows it's my missus' birthday etc... sends flowers / card from moonpig...

T

Aren't these called wives?

I can't really see how this would be worth it. How are they going to know your car failed its MOT. You'd have to tell them and what is wrong with it. Probably quicker and easier to get the quotes yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      Aren't these called wives?
      It's called "thinking and making a decision".

Failing that get a Centurion Card and use their concierge service.

Comment

I really can't be bothered sweating the small stuff.....

Wife..... she lumps stuff onto me to do!

T

Comment

https://getfriday.com/

Much cheapness, plenty quickness.
          First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

What GetFriday can't handle

1. Anything illegal. Won't be done. Obviously.
            2. Anything unethical. Please don't ask us to write your Econ 236 final paper.
            3. Anything that is not exactly comfortable as per "normal" business standards. We'd rather not help you catalogue risque lingerie. It would be a little strange for us at the office.
            Useless.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Not really online just someone on the phone....

I wanted a personal electronic slave.... as I don't want to pay for it!

Comment

How exactly does this online personal slave company make money if you don't want to pay?
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Well..................

If enough people sign up, companies will be leaping over themselves to join as suppliers, a very small fee per sale? ... - e-Slaves (trademark will be applied for) will search out the best deals on insurance / holidays / books I want to read / blah blah....

The e-Slave will analyse my spending patterns and will adapt accordingly - overtime it will know what I want before I do.

Anybody interested in a Plan-B?

T

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
                    Well..................

If enough people sign up, companies will be leaping over themselves to join as suppliers, a very small fee per sale? ... - e-Slaves (trademark will be applied for) will search out the best deals on insurance / holidays / books I want to read / blah blah....

The e-Slave will analyse my spending patterns and will adapt accordingly - overtime it will know what I want before I do.

Anybody interested in a Plan-B?

T
                    um....good luck with that.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                    X