• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swimming trunks etiket

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swimming trunks etiket

What's the current swimming trunks etiket in uk leisure centres - baggy shorts or speedos?

Thong

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
      What's the current swimming trunks etiket in uk leisure centres - baggy shorts or speedos?
      Swimming....that's like.....exercise, right??

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I regularly do lane swimming at my leisure centre and wear speedos which seems to be the norm for serious swimmers.

Baggy short are OK for those just splashing about though

HTH
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

AFAIK It's only the frogs who insist on Speedo style attire in public pools, I've tried to find out the reason on numerous occasions but I've never heard a satisfactory answer. They insist on rubber hats too.

Maybe Le Rosbif can enlighten us? There’s a first time for everything.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I think it depends what shape you are.

Apparently these are quite popular among the ladies.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Doesnt matter. Just make sure you have a hard on when getting out of the pool.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                AFAIK It's only the frogs who insist on Speedo style attire in public pools, I've tried to find out the reason on numerous occasions but I've never heard a satisfactory answer. They insist on rubber hats too.

Maybe Le Rosbif can enlighten us? There’s a first time for everything.
                My understanding from my time in France is that it is a hygiene issue.. the shorts type thingies tend to be worn all day, so people may go for a dump in the same shorts they go swimming in... so they prefer you have a dedicated set for going into the pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I think it depends what shape you are.

Apparently these are quite popular among the ladies.
                  Like looking in a mirror!

Comment

Depends why you are going to the pool I guess.

If its to impress the girls, then Speedos and possibly a cucumber if the water is especially cold.

If its to show how laid back you are, then the baggy look sais you don't care in a way that Speedos never can.

PZZ

Comment

Working...
                    X