• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Harnessing vacancy opportunities

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harnessing vacancy opportunities

Do you think that all current vacancies/opportunities are being posted on JobServe or are there a fair proportion that are not being posted because agents are working their DB's in the first instance?

If so, what would be an effective way of getting your CV out there - I have traditionally been reluctant to place my CV in a central location for recruiters/agents/stalkers to see as I like to tailor my CV for each opportunity and this approach does not allow you to do this.

However, the current state of the market dictates that I should review this approach but what is the best way of doing this?

What does everyone else do?

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Do you think that all current vacancies/opportunities are being posted on JobServe or are there a fair proportion that are not being posted because agents are working their DB's in the first instance?
    A <unknown> proportion are not being advertised.

I have had two calls this week about real gigs that won't be advertised because in both cases the agency has enough suitable people on their books already.

(One is niche and the agent and I know each other;the other is with an agent I have been with before.)

It costs the agencies to advertise gigs. The smaller outfits will rely on their databases and contacts first. The big boys don't seem to care. Also, I reckon the more niche the role, the less likely it is to be advertised.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
    X