• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 ways to freak out a permie...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 Recite entire movie scripts (e.g. "The Road Warrior," "Repo Man," Casablanca,") almost inaudibly.

2 Kill roaches with a monkey wrench while playing Wagnerian arias on a kazoo. If a permie complains, explain that it is for your performing arts class (or hit him/her with the wrench).

3 Collect all your urine in a small jug. Keep it on your desk.

4 Chain yourself to your colleague's chair. Get him/her to bring you food.

5 Leave your computer on when you are not using it. Turn it off when you are.

6 Buy as many back issues of Horse and Hound as you can. Pretend to masturbate while reading them.

7 Fake a heart attack. When your colleague gets the paramedics to come, pretend nothing happened.

8 Eat glass.

9 Smoke ballpoint pens.

10 Smile. All the time.
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
    10 ways to freak out anybody..
    Fixed that for you...
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

1 Recite entire movie scripts (e.g. "The Road Warrior," "Repo Man," Casablanca,") almost inaudibly.

2 Kill roaches with a monkey wrench while playing Wagnerian arias on a kazoo. If a permie complains, explain that it is for your performing arts class (or hit him/her with the wrench).

3 Collect all your urine in a small jug. Keep it on your desk.

4 Chain yourself to your colleague's chair. Get him/her to bring you food.

5 Leave your computer on when you are not using it. Turn it off when you are.

6 Buy as many back issues of Horse and Hound as you can. Pretend to masturbate while reading them.

7 Fake a heart attack. When your colleague gets the paramedics to come, pretend nothing happened.

8 Eat glass.

9 Smoke ballpoint pens.

10 Smile. All the time.

Sounds like most of the permies I've ever worked with.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

10 ways to get out of a contract with a no-termination-clause early...
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
        X