• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New citizenship test

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New citizenship test

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4099770.stm

FFS, I only got 8 right!

Originally posted by AtW
    That's 'coz you is foreign, innit!

Comment

Bit late on the draw...eh ATW??

http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread4370.html
      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        Come on... can't believe you knew all 8. Not even if you swear it. I scored 5 but 3 of them I just wildly guessed (who the feck knows the order of Saints, tried to ask here in the office nobody knows). I think knowing that you shouldn't ask anybody smaller than you to step outside for a fight in the car park is enough to get along with Mr. and Miss Chav.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I've been in England for the last 27 years, give or take a couple of 3/4 year breaks, and I still only got 9.

This is a tough test. I would be curious to know the percentage of british folk that get more than 10. It would probably be less than 50%.

I've always thought Santa comes from Lapland, not the North Pole.
          Maybe there's no Santa at all?? Shocking.

Comment

Well I got 10 ........Oh! and the pixies helped me.
            What muppet thought Father Christmas comes from Lapland?

Comment

British born indian and I only managed to score 9, my red neck friend who sits nect to me at work, who believes that he hi is as british as british can be managed to score only 8.

It's a tough test, what score would wannabe british citizens needs to score to pass??

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                Come on... can't believe you knew all 8. Not even if you swear it. I scored 5 but 3 of them I just wildly guessed (who the feck knows the order of Saints, tried to ask here in the office nobody knows). I think knowing that you shouldn't ask anybody smaller than you to step outside for a fight in the car park is enough to get along with Mr. and Miss Chav.
                I scored 13, but that was a mixture of guessing and answering tongue in cheek (turned out to be right!). Without reading the book I can't be confident I'd pass the test and I'm as English as the next Plantagenet.
                Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

I almost scored 10 -- I made 2 mistakes that (if I was in real test) I would have put more time thinking and answered right, which would still be below 75%.

Comment

I almost got all of them right.... I could almost be a British citizen....I could have been a contender..................

"Your My wife now"

Comment

Working...
                    X