• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glastonbury 2009

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glastonbury 2009

My highlights so far

Lady Ga Ga's outfit

The Specials - Brilliant, made me feel all young again.....

Ting Tings were good as well..

Looking forward to the Boss tonight
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
    My highlights so far

Lady Ga Ga's outfit

I heard she wore quite revealing outfits... I wonder where she tucked it!
    In case of emergency, break dance.

Comment

Springsteen was worth it, anyone heard any Jacko covers?
      Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
        My highlights so far

Lady Ga Ga's outfit

with swine flu to come, by the sound of it
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

BBC's coverage is pretty limited in my opinion. Lots of repeated stuff on interactive; surely there must be masses more they could put up there?!
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Should there be a Glastonbury for young people too?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Should there be a Glastonbury for young people too?
              Thought that Glastonbary was for young folk??

Though I will be there ~(50) in a tee pee next year.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
                Thought that Glastonbary was for young folk??

Though I will be there ~(50) in a tee pee next year.

PZZ
                Gotta say, from what I saw (All I been watching all weekend) I was kinda underwhelmed by it all.

Would have been a blast to be there, and no denying there were some great bands but it was all a bit, blah. Aging rockers, safe acts etc. Bruce was good - not great, not many things that really blew me away. The best bits looked like Blur and the prodigy and they're both products of the 90's (And both great btw), which was kinda young compared to a lurge chunk of the televised stuff.

Might be a reflection on the last year musically, which I reckon has been extremely flat - not many great bands appeared on the scene imo and a load of clones (Anyone else getting sick of solo female singers already, plus 80's synth pop guff)?

Weather looked great though ...
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                  BBC's coverage is pretty limited in my opinion. Lots of repeated stuff on interactive; surely there must be masses more they could put up there?!
                  What do you expect? BBC have only sent 407 staff to cover it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...-festival.html

Comment

Watched the blur set live on BBC2 last night. Good to hear them mixing it up with hits from their whole discography - right up to Think Tank. Albarn's voice sounded a bit tired though. Maybe he'd been partying a bit too hard?
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X