• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Walkman vs iPod

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walkman vs iPod

How old does this make you feel - Giving up my iPod for a Walkman

That was not the only naive mistake that I made; I mistook the metal/normal switch on the Walkman for a genre-specific equaliser
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    How old does this make you feel - Giving up my iPod for a Walkman

You're only really old if you can remember how you listened to music on the move before that: you just didn't. That is the real difference, that the youngsters didn't even imagine.

Comment

I'm having my own little backlash against Apple products. I've been using the iPod since the first generation one came out. Since then I've noticed the removal of features and the general worsening of the sound quality. My 3rd gen Nano is quite quiet even with a good pair of Seinnheiser, also I could never get the sound sharp and clear.

Last week I picked up a new X series Walkman. The sound is great and very sharp and the built in noise canceling head phones are fantastic, it's great sticking them on and hearing the background noise just vanish.

Using it is a bit of a mental change but I'm getting used to it. But it is loud and it is clear and that's what wins it for me.

Comment

That was written by a 13-year-old? It's better written than most of the articles linked to from CUK!
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          You're only really old if you can remember how you listened to music on the move before that: you just didn't. That is the real difference, that the youngsters didn't even imagine.
          You cant say the predecessor without being racist!! Large portable stereo balanced on one shoulder. Commonly referred to as a *** Box.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            You cant say the predecessor without being racist!! Large portable stereo balanced on one shoulder. Commonly referred to as a *** Box.
            Brixton Briefcase
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              Well, there were little radios before there were Walkmans, and they are still going strong. For the next couple of years anyway, till they switch off the analogue signal and expect everyone to switch to DAB.

Also, apart from the ghetto blaster mentioned above, there were those little flat cassette players which were absolutely everywhere. You could carry one of them in your school bag and have tinny mono music to listen to at lunchtime.

It's before cassettes and transistor radios when it must have been really tough for the personal music enthusiast. A wind-up gramophone never really was portable.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                Commonly referred to as a *** Box.
                Brixton Briefcase
                Ghetto blaster
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  That was written by a 13-year-old? It's better written than most of the articles linked to from CUK!
                  That's what I though, if it wasn't ghost written that is
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    "Mind that bus!"

"What bus? I can't hear a bus..."

<splat!>
                    Funny you mention that, but I have to remember to turn the noise canceling off when walking on the street as something similar almost happened on the first day of use..

Bloody taxi..

Comment

Working...
                    X