• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fiscal Nomad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiscal Nomad

How many do we have here?

What do you have to do to get there? E.g. I have heard that in practice you have to become resident somewhere else in order to persuade HMRC that you have left the UK; then go non-res from there.

What do you get out of it? ISTM that you won't legally get out of paying tax, you might just to pay tax in the place where you currently work? But why is that better than e.g. just being resident in a low tax country? And what about social contributions? In some countries, those are the big costs, not tax as such. UK tax compares not badly with Switzerland, apart from NICs. But those social contributions are what get you health care and pension: if you don't pay them anywhere then you risk not qualifying for those.

Originally posted by expat View Post
    How many do we have here?
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

And alreadypacked?

Comment

Count me in too.

PZZ

Comment

I'm looking to make the jump real soon now... like the end of the week.

Any and all advice welcome. Trying to decide where to set up offshore. Was recommended a nice multi-currency bank account in Singapore, but I don't think I can set up business there without 20,000 S$ in the bank. Anyway, they tax up to 20%.

Exciting times for me!

Comment

Me too!

Make sure you leave the UK properly. The guy behind this site knows everything about it
            http://www.wealthprotectionreport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by McFly View Post
              Me too!

Make sure you leave the UK properly. The guy behind this site knows everything about it
              http://www.wealthprotectionreport.co.uk/
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                And alreadypacked?
                You have to be out of the Euro Zone for at least 4 years before they consider you have gone away, then you must keep to the 180 day rule to keep away. UK changed their rules, it where you are at midnight that counts now. No more travelling days.

2 months Egypt (working 1 month)
                3 months India (working 2 months)
                1 month Ireland
                6 months where ever I find work.
                or do a house swap in NZ see if I can find something over there to fill in.
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

FYI....

St Kitts & Nevis...

No tax on overseas income.

Comment

This government will act to prevent hard working families suffering due to falling tax receipts caused by tax havens. Tax havens have no place in a fair and equitable society, such as Britain under New Labour.

New Labour will punish those who do not pay large amounts of tax. No return to boom and bust. Etc, etc.

Gordo.
                    If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

Working...
                    X