• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What erks me ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What erks me ....

... is falling asleep during a film late at night and then having to down load a dodgy copy the following day in the full expectation that it is probably a load of tulip otherwise you wouldn't have fallen asleep in the first place.

For example, 'White Noise' on Ch 4 last night or 'The Village' from a couple of weeks ago. Actually, I didn't bother with that one because I had it sussed as a wrong 'en.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

I was watching the tennis earlier and Sue Barker promised if I pressed the red button I would see "Laura Robson in action".

Could you imagine my upset when I followed her instructions and discovered, to my great upset, that she was only playing tennis.

Comment

Im terrible at falling asleep during films also. Many a DVD I have had to watch 4 or 5 times to get to the end.

I suppose the fact that I fell asleep 10 minutes in probably should tell me that the films not really worth watching.

PZZ

Comment

My girlfriend doesn't let me fall asleep - I'm subject to much poking if I try to
        You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          ... is falling asleep during a film late at night and then having to down load a dodgy copy the following day in the full expectation that it is probably a load of tulip otherwise you wouldn't have fallen asleep in the first place.

For example, 'White Noise' on Ch 4 last night or 'The Village' from a couple of weeks ago. Actually, I didn't bother with that one because I had it sussed as a wrong 'en.
          As a rule, I will curl up in front of a good thriller with the missus, she will identify the villain within the first 10 minutes and then fall asleep.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

What irks me is crap spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
              My girlfriend always falls asleep - I subject her to much poking anyway (its the only way!)
              Just fixed that for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
                My girlfriend
                I find that hard to believe

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  As a rule, I will curl up in front of a good thriller with the missus, she will identify the villain within the first 10 minutes and then fall asleep.

My wife misses the first 10 minutes of any film, and then spends the remaining time asking questions that were settled at the start.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    My wife misses the first 10 minutes of any film, and then spends the remaining time asking questions that were settled at the start.
                    I have yet to watch an entire film with my wife (of 20 years).

The cinema just makes her go to sleep - reliable as clockwork.

Then she says things like 'I really love that film' when I know full well she has only ever seen the opening 15 minutes and the closing credits.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X