• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

changing company name

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing company name

Maybe I want to change my company name to something sexier, more memorable. Can I do this or would I need to close down company and start another?

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
    Maybe I want to change my company name to something sexier, more memorable. Can I do this or would I need to close down company and start another?
    Change it any time -get a form from Companies House web site.

PZZ

Comment

is changing address easy also?

Comment

Yep, another form.

(You could get your accountant to do all of this for you BTW)

PZZ

Comment

do certain names keep the taxman away, not that I've got anything to hide

Comment

No, every contractors Ltd co is screwed to the limit these days, name doesn't come into it.

PZZ

Comment

Yes, but Barclays is already taken.

Comment

Don't forget to change the company address AND the directors' addresses. They are different activities and need different forms.

On the Companies House web site there is a PDF leaflet telling you all the rules about company names. For example, you may not call it The Royal Shagging Charity Partnership plc Ltd.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
                  Yep, another form.

(You could get your accountant to do all of this for you BTW)

PZZ
                  Why would you want an accountant to do this for you? It's nothing to do with accounts.

If your 'accountant' is handling things like this for you, does that not make them an MSC?
                  Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                    Why would you want an accountant to do this for you? It's nothing to do with accounts.

If your 'accountant' is handling things like this for you, does that not make them an MSC?
                    Most accountants would happily do this for you, many contractors Ltd cos have their accountants office as registered address & no it would not make them a MSC.

Cant see anything to do with Co Ho being nothing to do with accountants BTW.

PZZ

Comment

Working...
                    X