• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do most blokes...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do most blokes...

Why do most blokes insist on spending lots of money on home cinema systems even though in many cases they can't even put the volume up to do it justice, nor do they spend enough time watching it to justify the enormous cost.

Is it 'cos they're married and not allowed out?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      Is it 'cos they're married and not allowed out?

Probably !!

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
        Why do most blokes insist on spending lots of money on home cinema systems even though in many cases they can't even put the volume up to do it justice, nor do they spend enough time watching it to justify the enormous cost.
        Can you buy a standard TV these days?? I thought they all had stereo sound etc built in now.

PZZ

Comment

Same reason we spend lots on a nice car even though we can't put our foot down in most cases. Because we can.
          You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Because I can afford the luxury dear boy.

BTW: I can have the volume as loud as I like. I also have a set of virtual surround sound head phones that work incredibly well too.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

It doesnt cost much to set up a half decent home cinema - you can get an AV amp for £100-200 and a speaker package for another £200-400.

You can always spend more but diminishing returns kick in at some point.
              I've just had an old Denon amp driving two Tannoy speakers for years - its perfectly good for movies / music / Xbox / media player.
              The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven

Comment

Why do most blokes insist on spending lots of money on home cinema systems
                They don't.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by ookook View Post
                  It doesnt cost much to set up a half decent home cinema - you can get an AV amp for £100-200 and a speaker package for another £200-400.

You can always spend more but diminishing returns kick in at some point.
                  I've just had an old Denon amp driving two Tannoy speakers for years - its perfectly good for movies / music / Xbox / media player.
                  That's permie talk! I want a Bose system that incorporates technology from the NASA space station and which I can control with my mind. Well worth £30,000 IMO.
                  You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
                    That's bench talk! I want a Bose system that incorporates technology from the NASA space station and which I can control with my mind. Well worth £30,000 IMO.
                    nice quote from bash.org in your sig as well
                    The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven

Comment

Working...
                    X