• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hey, rabiddog, it's a thread just for you, today!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, rabiddog, it's a thread just for you, today!

Today's Birthdays: stephen kasimba njiro, rabiddog (45)
    Happy Birthday!

Only six posts but you've covered The Bench, penile tattoos and racism.

The perfect CUKer already!

Happy Birthday to you and all your ickle sockpuppets!
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

bump?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by rabiddog View Post
      Ta, at least someone remembered. Mind you that really makes me paranoid, 'cos now I know people are checking me out.
      BUMP!

Comment

Yeah, OK, I found it.

What does BUMP mean ? (Took me years to work out LOL - mind you the missus thought it meant Lots Of Love ?!?!?)

Comment

What does BUMP mean ?
          Originally, to raise something's priority by incrementing a register.

Now it means to put a thread at the top of a list by adding a blank message, but since a blank message is not permissible or meaningful, 'bump' is used to both force the action and to explain its purpose.

Comment

Thanks for that, that one's new to me, POKE, PUSH, Bit, Byte, Nibble, and JUMP I know from the dark and dim assembler days, but that was a very, very long time ago.
            Guess I better invest in 'Thread etiquette for beginners'.

Comment

Thanks for that, that one's new to me, POKE, PUSH, Bit, Byte, Nibble, and JUMP I know from the dark and dim assembler days, but that was a very, very long time ago.
              Guess I better invest in 'Thread etiquette for beginners'.
              Just keep posting; the friendly folk in General will gently push you back on the rails should you make any serious infractions.

Comment

Working...
              X