• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That's neet, that's neet, that's neet, that's neet, you gotta love that Labour feat.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's neet, that's neet, that's neet, that's neet, you gotta love that Labour feat.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...irst-time.html

One million young people will be left without a job or college place this summer after falling victim to the recession, according to a report.

The number of 16 to 24-year-olds branded as "Neet" - not in education, employment or training - is set to reach its highest point since records began, said the Local Government Association.

Researchers said many could be "stuck in a rut" for years after being left behind by the economic recovery.

Teenagers and young adults from white backgrounds are around 20 per cent more likely to be out of work or training than those from black and Asian families, it was disclosed, while women are worse hit than men.

Lazy white layabouts.

The snot goblin guaranteed the under 25’s a job or training yesterday. Although the ‘job’ includes ‘activities that benefit the community’ so we are back to chain gangs picking up dog mess in parks again. That’ll look good on the CV.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      The snot goblin guaranteed the under 25’s a job or training yesterday. Although the ‘job’ includes ‘activities that benefit the community’ so we are back to chain gangs picking up dog mess in parks again. That’ll look good on the CV.
      A local authority permie project manager I worked for, that was younger than me, had started on one of those MSC schemes where they counted lamp posts. From there he got onto the government's Y2K training and blagged a job as a Y2K coder. Because he couldn't do it, he was moved into project work and eventually promoted to project management.

He was the one of us with an index linked, final-salary pension scheme and job security.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        A local authority permie project manager I worked for, that was younger than me, had started on one of those MSC schemes where they counted lamp posts. From there he got onto the government's Y2K training and blagged a job as a Y2K coder. Because he couldn't do it, he was moved into project work and eventually promoted to project management.

He was the one of us with an index linked, final-salary pension scheme and job security.
        You met one! I thought they were a myth. B'Liars 20,000 bug busters. You are the first person I know that ever met one.

Edit

nuLieBore - gotta luv 'em

"Bug Buster Training A Tremendous Success," Says Prime Minister

Reality
        Blair's bug buster scheme bogged up

Total number trained: 26
        Last edited by HairyArsedBloke; 30 June 2009, 09:53.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          You met one! I thought they were a myth. B'Liars 20,000 bug busters. You are the first person I know that ever met one.
          You're kidding, right? The market was flooded with them.

Scores of spangles that had done a few hours training and were taking all the bottom-end gigs. The bottom fell out of the analyst/programmer market in 2000 because of them. Meanwhile the government carried on dishing out work permits for the mid-range work and the consultancies were fighting each other for the well paying stuff. Between them they caused the contracting game to dry up by 2002/3.

I was sat in the Job Centre not getting work because these buggers had more recent training and programming experience than me.

So I went from £555 per day running a team to working for a publisher as their 'Technical Director' (i.e. doing backups and changing toner cartridges) for £15k.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
          X