• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last Day....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Day....

Last day at clientCo. It lasted 9 months with 1 extension.

They assigned me a weird task, which bieng a professional i need to do . But,im not able to concentrate as i keep thinking of tonight's 400+miles drive back home and incoming holidays.

What about you 'highly professional' CUK contractors? what you lot do on your last day ?Is it just a business as usual or is it just about pass the day as relaxed (n quickly) as possible.

Originally posted by denver2k View Post
    Last day at clientCo. It lasted 9 months with 1 extension.

They assigned me a weird task, which bieng a professional i need to do . But,im not able to concentrate as i keep thinking of tonight's 400+miles drive back home and incoming holidays.

What about you 'highly professional' CUK contractors? what you lot do on your last day ?Is it just a business as usual or is it just about pass the day as relaxed (n quickly) as possible.
    You give me hope man, you give me hope.

Usually on the last day I compile a document listing all the problems someone else can worry about now aka a 'handover' document.
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

I'd be in the pub from lunchtime, and dependent on colleagues unlikely to return, or if I did it's be a cameo and goodbyes all round and back to the pub to get properly smashed, where I'd start telling them how much I enjoyed working with them all, and how good they each are individually (Never burn your bridges in this game).
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I normaly have nothing to do on my last day. I work my arse off to deliver early. All handover and docs prepared the week before.
        I spend my last day glad handing and business card swapping.

Only 400 miles? Pah, that wouldnt get me half way home.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Sod hand-over doc, I usually do that before last day or person to person. LAst day is long pub lunch day, followed by clearing desk, ensuring I have contact details and saying bye bye to any lovely ladies I`ve come across on the job....

Comment

Recent last days:

- wait from lunchtime until 18:45 for a permie crisis meeting to end so someone can sign my timesheet and I can start my 150 mile drive home.

- phone the agency to tell them to terminate Richard Cranium as his projects have come to a close. (My manager bunked off at lunchtime.)

- run like hell mid-afternoon to get across country to prepare for NewClientCo.

- hang around looking lost trying to find anyone to sign my timesheet.

- wander round trying to find any manager to hand my security access device to.

I haven't had a drink on the last day of a contract since about 2001.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
              Sod hand-over doc, I usually do that before last day or person to person. LAst day is long pub lunch day, followed by clearing desk, ensuring I have contact details and saying bye bye to any lovely ladies I`ve come across on the job....
              cum across

Comment

Also my last day - finishing off one document and then cake this afternoon.

Then I am not going to look for a new contract till September.
                "All around me I see chaos and confusion, my work here is done...."

Comment

Originally posted by bren586 View Post
                  Also my last day - finishing off one document and then cake this afternoon.

Then I am not going to look for a new contract till September.
                  Doubt you'll find much in September my learned pancake.

Comment

Arrive, Timesheet signature, Invoice, Gloat on CUK, Leave.

Home by 12:30

Pub by 12:31
                    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Working...
                    X