• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B

I think a plan B should involve food, as everyone likes food. This article discusses this a bit further:

http://www.theonion.com/content/opin...urce=b-section

Yeah, the market for food is definitely huge.
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

My plan B will involve something I love as I am already doing something that is well paid.

Travel I think, looking at the 10 year plan B.

HTH

Good luck to all with getting out of the Rat Race
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
      My plan B will involve something I love as I am already doing something that is well paid.

Travel I think, looking at the 10 year plan B.

HTH

Good luck to all with getting out of the Rat Race
      How do you propose to make a living from travel? Writing? If you are a biker as your name suggests, that could be a good slant on it.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
        How do you propose to make a living from travel? Writing? If you are a biker as your name suggests, that could be a good slant on it.
        The Hairy Bikers have already done the travelling biker foody thing.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It is a slant on travel and photography.

I am not looking to be rich, as that is why I am doing the Tulip I am doing now.

I just want to be happy and out in the open air.

But I am in no hurry, I will have lots of fun trying and if it doesn't work I will think up a plan C

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

It is a slant on travel and photography.

I am not looking to be rich, as that is why I am doing the Tulip I am doing now.

I just want to be happy and out in the open air.

But I am in no hurry, I will have lots of fun trying and if it doesn't work I will think up a plan C
            Excellent. You should do it. There's always a market for good travel books and the biker aspect should make it stand out from the crowd.

As a former journo and photographer I have often though of doing something similar, but I don't have the 'hook' that gets into a specific target market, whereas it sounds like you have.

Have you pitched the idea to any publishers?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
              I think a plan B should involve food, as everyone likes food. This article discusses this a bit further:

http://www.theonion.com/content/opin...urce=b-section

Yeah, the market for food is definitely huge.
              Someone here has been recommending investing in agricultural commodities for ages - oh, yeah; it was me.

Ops, I'm not allowed to say that. If anyone asks, it wasn't me.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                Excellent. You should do it. There's always a market for good travel books and the biker aspect should make it stand out from the crowd.

As a former journo and photographer I have often though of doing something similar, but I don't have the 'hook' that gets into a specific target market, whereas it sounds like you have.

Have you pitched the idea to any publishers?
                No but I was talking to a chap about a couple of PhotoEssays recently.

Apparently the re-sale potential is significant

Comment

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/adb9d236-5...44feabdc0.html

Comment

No but I was talking to a chap about a couple of PhotoEssays recently.

Apparently the re-sale potential is significant
                    Yes. Good way to get a name too. Magazines are always looking for that kind of material.

Good luck with it. Beats this boring IT crap.

Comment

Working...
                    X