• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top 3

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 3

Here's a thread in which we can vent our spleens (pre-splenectomy, naturally) and list our top three "professions" against the wall when the revolution comes.

For me:

Journalists - redtops and tabloids first (tabloids includes the Daily Heil)

Lawyers - ambulance chasing twunts first

Recruitment Consultants - paternalist client owners ("MY client") first

Who's on your list?

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Here's a thread in which we can vent our spleens (pre-splenectomy, naturally) and list our top three "professions" against the wall when the revolution comes.

For me:

Journalists - redtops and tabloids first (tabloids includes the Daily Heil)

Lawyers - ambulance chasing twunts first

Recruitment Consultants - paternalist client owners ("MY client") first

Who's on your list?
    Doctors (GPs). I normally avoid medics at all costs, but have recently developed quite severe lower back pain, so went along to surgery and got treated like an idiot by some slip of a girl younger than my daughter.

Back in Canada next month so will try to get it sorted there. Hellishly expensive but at least you get treated like a human being.

Oh, them and Estate Agents - obviously.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Tax inspectors
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
        Doctors (GPs). I normally avoid medics at all costs, but have recently developed quite severe lower back pain, so went along to surgery and got treated like an idiot by some slip of a girl younger than my daughter.

Back in Canada next month so will try to get it sorted there. Hellishly expensive but at least you get treated like a human being.

Oh, them and Estate Agents - obviously.
        Sorry there is no treatment for most back pain. That's probably what "the slip of a girl" was trying to tell you.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

How about insular, ignorant IT bods with zero personal skills who think that their knowledge of Java (or whatever) qualifies them for godlike status and makes them pontificate on matters which they know nothing about.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Sorry there is no treatment for most back pain. That's probably what "the slip of a girl" was trying to tell you.
            There is treatment for many types of back pain, in fact. At the very minimum there is palliative care to reduce pain.

The 'slip of a girl' did not impart any such information, was sullen and generally unhelpful.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

How about insular, ignorant IT bods with zero personal skills who think that their knowledge of Java (or whatever) qualifies them for godlike status and makes them pontificate on matters which they know nothing about.
              Whereas your personal skills are clearly outstanding. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                There is treatment for many types of back pain, in fact. At the very minimum there is palliative care to reduce pain.

The 'slip of a girl' did not impart any such information, was sullen and generally unhelpful.
                You might find that a TENS machine might help you?

The ex-Mrs Menelaus when in labour with Menelauette had a TENS machine and it was apparently wonderful.

Comment

bandit

Try to be brief man!

Comment

Traffic wardens and Hector.

Oh, and maybe PCSOs.
                    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Working...
                    X