PDA

View Full Version : Holidays this year

BlackenedBiker
30th June 2009, 11:06
Has the credit crunch and lousy exchange rate ruined your holiday plans this year or are you off to somewhere tropical and babe infested.

If so where????

Moscow Mule
30th June 2009, 11:07
We're going to kiwi land next year so this year will be a cheap trip to Bognor...

BlackenedBiker
30th June 2009, 11:10
We're going to kiwi land next year so this year will be a cheap trip to Bognor...

Awesome on the NZ, was there on Honeymoon in Jan/Feb. Do the fjordland overnight cruise on Doubtful absolutely unbelievable.

Have a great time.

snaw
30th June 2009, 11:12
Italia - couple of days in Rome, week in a Tuscan Villa with some good friends (All with kids), and a week on our own on Elba.

Canny wait.

Moscow Mule
Awesome on the NZ, was there on Honeymoon in Jan/Feb. Do the fjordland overnight cruise on Doubtful absolutely unbelievable.

Have a great time.

We went on there honeymoon last year, but it was wintertime so we didn't get around to a few things.

Going to a wedding this time so will have to rush again!!!

RichardCranium
Has the credit crunch and lousy exchange rate ruined your holiday plans this yearYes.

or are you off to somewhere tropical and babe infested.No.

Moscow Mule
30th June 2009, 11:13
Yes.

No.

Bournemouth has a nice sandy beach and plenty of hotties...

bogeyman
30th June 2009, 11:14
Portugal. Lisbon area, on the coast. Leaving wife at home, may play a little golf.

BlackenedBiker
30th June 2009, 11:17
Yes.

No.

Come on RC, there are hedgerows all over the UK. Get that thumb out and start travelling.

ThomasSoerensen
30th June 2009, 11:19
The same as the past years.

A trip to Spain - and later a trip to Dubai.

Hopefully the dollar tanks soon.

RichardCranium
30th June 2009, 11:19
Bournemouth has a nice sandy beach and plenty of hotties...:emb

We went there for a couple of days a couple of weeks back, mid-week when it was cheap.

It was our (belated) wedding anniversary.

Actually, it was GREAT! :yay: We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

BlackenedBiker
30th June 2009, 11:20
Portugal. Lisbon area, on the coast. Leaving wife at home, may play a little golf.

:spel Leaving her a note

NotAllThere
30th June 2009, 11:22
Just over a week in Russia at the beginning of the year. A week in the Swiss Alps during February. A week in Crete in october. I'll probably take the whole of october off any way.

bogeyman
30th June 2009, 11:23
Come on RC, there are hedgerows all over the UK. Get that thumb out and start travelling.

Hitch Hiking - wonderful.

Not so practical now as people generally don't trust each other (probably with good reason).

When I was about 15, a mate and I hitch hiked from Cardiff to Edinburgh during the summer holidays. It took absolutely ages and we were propositioned by pervy lorry drivers.

We got the train back!

The Lone Gunman
30th June 2009, 11:24
Had a week skiing in Austria. I am taking 2 weeks at home in August and 2 weeks in the Dominican Republic at Xmas so yes, I have had to cut back on expensive holidays this year.

BlackenedBiker
30th June 2009, 11:25
Hitch Hiking - wonderful.

Not so practical now as people generally don't trust each other (probably with good reason).

When I was about 15, a mate and I hitch hiked from Cardiff to Edinburgh during the summer holidays. It took absolutely ages and we were propositioned by pervy lorry drivers.

We got the train back!

You good looking blighter

I had to hitch hike due to lack of funds throughout my 10 years at uni. Most of the time it was a really good way to travel.

I am always up for picking up hitchers (when in my car) as a way of paying back the universe, but one never sees them now.

BlackenedBiker
30th June 2009, 11:26
Just over a week in Russia at the beginning of the year. A week in the Swiss Alps during February. A week in Crete in october. I'll probably take the whole of october off any way.

Thinkin of going to Russia next year, and doing the trans-siberian. Anybody done that on this forum

The Lone Gunman
30th June 2009, 11:28
You good looking blighter

I had to hitch hike due to lack of funds throughout my 10 years at uni. Most of the time it was a really good way to travel.

I am always up for picking up hitchers (when in my car) but one never sees them now.I used to hitch hike. Those lorry drivers are nice chaps. Their tea used to be so relaxing I could fall asleep. Made my arse sore for some reason though.

RichardCranium
30th June 2009, 11:28
Thinkin of going to Russia next year, and doing the trans-siberian. Anybody done that on this forumMost people do it on the train.

Moscow Mule
30th June 2009, 11:30
I used to hitch hike. Those lorry drivers are nice chaps. Their tea used to be so relaxing I could fall asleep. Made my arse sore for some reason though.

You need to slip some bromide in their tea...

BlackenedBiker
30th June 2009, 11:30
Most people do it on the train.

That did help: I thought you had to use the McGregorBoorman express :laugh

Pondlife
30th June 2009, 12:52
Peru earlier in the year and probably a cheeky weeks diving somewhere warm in Sept.

BlackenedBiker
30th June 2009, 12:57
Peru earlier in the year and probably a cheeky weeks diving somewhere warm in Sept.

Warm Diving sounds good. Went to Poor Knights Island off the Bay of Islands in NZ in January. 13mm wet suites and big swells, not good.