• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vodafone High Street shop staff hopeless ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vodafone High Street shop staff hopeless ?

The Saturday before last I set out to buy a business phone from Vodafone, I went down my local high street and entered the first Vodafone shop I could find and asked for a new mobile on the business tarrif, the reply was "sorry we don't do that (even though it was on their website) try the other Vodafone shop along this high street they focus on business users."

So I marched up to the other Vodafone shop and queued and spoke to an assistant, he tried to fob me off stating that the phone was on pre-order only, I replied that I entered a Vodafone flagship store the other day and they told me the opposite i.e. they could get the phone in store provided I had the business documentation that was required (listed in their leafllet that this assistant handed to me as part of the 'go away' gesture).

Anyway we sat down, he took photo copies of bank statements, gave me a credit check which I passed, gave company details and personal details and he told me that the phone would be in store by next Saturday and he would call me, I received no phone call last week.

Just on the off chance - I turned up to the store last Saturday and the assitant wasn't in; instead I talked to a different assistant who told me that the phone 'wasn't in the store yet'. I asked for a store number so that I could call them to chase up; they told me the store HAD NO TELEPHONE NUMBER; I then asked again for any number to communicate with the staff at the store and I was given the mobile number of the assitant (which I tested there and then).

Its now Tuesday, I call the number and no answer, I leave messages and no answer.

Who on Earth would allow these bozos to continue in any job is my question. Also the other question is anyone out there had problems with Vodafone staff and fobbing off and not communicating ? this sucks !

The product looks good and the Vodafone network is the best for mobile internet but the staff are just pretty bad from what I reckon.
    Last edited by eliquant; 30 June 2009, 12:02.

I was after a pre-launch phone as a business tariff upgrade last year a took more or less the same approach. Went to the Vodafone shop, guy told me the date the phone would be released he'd give me a call when they had them in. The date came and went so I went back in the shop and was told that the launch date had been put back, but they would call me when the phone was in. This went on for about 6 weeks.

In the end I rang the business team and requested my PAC number. When asked why I wanted to move networks I explained the frustration I was getting via the shops. The business team guy told me that I shouldn't bother with the shops but come through them. He then set me up on a reduced tariff with unlimited internet access and posted the handset I wanted out the same day.

Try the business team would be my advice

Comment

Find the chief execs email and let him know what his staff are up to.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
        The Saturday before last I set out to buy a business phone from Vodafone, I went down my local high street and entered the first Vodafone shop I could find and asked for a new mo....
        That's your big mistake right there!

Do it all over the phone.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
          Find the chief execs email and let him know what his staff are up to.
          Anyone got the e-mail address of any Vodafone big wigs out there ? this is new business for them, I know that the phone is in stock, the only reason I went to the shop is that I had to make 100% sure that the 5 gig data tarrif was active and properly associated with the phone (a non conventional thing according to some Vodafone staff).

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
            Do it all over the phone.
            Ewwww Yuk! Are you SAS?

Comment

the Vodafone network is the best for mobile internet
              Not in my opinion / experience
              Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 30 June 2009, 14:05.

Comment

Would you go to McDonalds for advice on gourmet food and then complain that the staff are bad chefs? Exactly.
                You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Got a mobile internet dongle from T-Mobile, 'surf anywhere', 'broadband speeds'. Only one minor issue IT DOESN'T SHAGGIN WORK !!! Slow, constantly drops connections, very time of day sensitive.
                  Anyone using a supplier where this works quickly and reliably ?
                  TIA

Comment

Anyone got the e-mail address of any Vodafone big wigs out there ? this is new business for them, I know that the phone is in stock, the only reason I went to the shop is that I had to make 100% sure that the 5 gig data tarrif was active and properly associated with the phone (a non conventional thing according to some Vodafone staff).
                    I did some work for them and know the address of the old CEO, he's now out in the middle east but should be easy to work out the new address.

All the emails will be picked up by the PA though, she'll just forward it on to customer services.

Comment

Working...
                    X