• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The biggest bumble bee in the world...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest bumble bee in the world...

...has just paid me a visit.

It was massive. As big as my thumb.

It cruised in through my office window, like a miniature, noisy black and orange zeppelin. Hovered a few inches from my face, regarding me, and then lazily buzzed out again.

Bees are great aren't they?

I used to keep bees until wife got allergic to the stings.

Anyone here keep bees?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Was it as Big as the Effen Bee ?

If you see a Bee - Kill it - reduces the chances of accidents

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

Why were you setting bees on your wife in the first place?
      You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

...has just paid me a visit.

It was massive. As big as my thumb.

It cruised in through my office window, like a miniature, noisy black and orange zeppelin. Hovered a few inches from my face, regarding me, and then lazily buzzed out again.

Bees are great aren't they?

Anyone here keep bees?
        I've noticed that too. I've not seen many honey bees around....but we are getting loads of bumble bees this year for some reason. And loads that stumble along the ground unable to fly (we put them on a plate with a little sugar water and they soon recover though).

The joys of living out in the sticks!

Noticeable lack of butterflies this year though.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
          I've noticed that too. I've not seen many honey bees around....but we are getting loads of bumble bees this year for some reason. And loads that stumble along the ground unable to fly (we put them on a plate with a little sugar water and they soon recover though).

The joys of living out in the sticks!

Noticeable lack of butterflies this year though.
          We're actually doing well with bees of all sorts and many butterflies this year.

Probably because the garden has gone a bit wild of late.

I like it that way, but wife is all for a scorch and burn policy - no lover of nature is she.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

We're actually doing well with bees of all sorts and many butterflies this year.

I like it that way, but wife is all for a scorch and burn policy - no lover of nature is she.
            jeez...she wouldn't like it here then. We actually had a stork land in the back garden the other day (not carrying a baby thankfully). I had no idea those buggers were so big.

We also have loads of owls around here....probably because of all the mice. Gets to about 2-3am and it sounds like they are having a party!
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Hope it continues as there has been a substantial decline of bees these last few years.

Comment

jeez...she wouldn't like it here then. We actually had a stork land in the back garden the other day (not carrying a baby thankfully). I had no idea those buggers were so big.

We also have loads of owls around here....probably because of all the mice. Gets to about 2-3am and it sounds like they are having a party!
                We have a few pairs of owls around who always call to each other. It's a nice, comforting noise. Mostly in the colder months. Never hear them in summer. I suppose they go elsewhere.

Comment

I didnt know there was a shortage of Bees.

Perhaps theyve gone back home.

Back to Effen.

Comment

Despite the inconvenience, it's great though, isn't it?

I love living in the countryside. I actually don't mind the mice coming in to live in the loft in the winter or the blackbirds nesting under the eves.

Comment

Working...
                    X