• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ministry of Silly Grunts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ministry of Silly Grunts

Watching ladies' tennis is the vocal equivalent of Python's Ministry of Silly Walks... Victoria Azarenka (playing Serena Williams ATM) is particularly annoying with an elongated high pitch "ooooo" every time she strikes the ball.

makes you wonder about the noises they would make in the sack

probably.....

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      I can honestly say it never occurred to me
      <wanders off whistling innocently>

Comment

Isn't it interesting that none of them do it when they are practicing though?

For the tennis folk, it is actually a serious problem. Look at the empty seats in the crowd when there's a ladies match on. From a marketing and revenue angle, that's not good.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

For the tennis folk, it is actually a serious problem. Look at the empty seats in the crowd when there's a ladies match on. From a marketing and revenue angle, that's not good.
          is that not actually because the majority of tennis in general is pretty dull?

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
            Isn't it interesting that none of them do it when they are practicing though?
            Interesting... I wonder if it's a tactic. It seems very prevalent among the Russian contingent.

EDIT: I've noticed that Azarenka cuts short her silly noise as soon as she hits the ball into the net, so it can't be a breathing thing.
            Last edited by Platypus; 30 June 2009, 15:22.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

probably.....
              probably just loud snores in your case...
              King of Chutney.

Bring back Chetty - Lord of all things Chet!

Comment

Working...
              X