• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Andy Murray

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy Murray

Whats with this whole scottish/english thing?

I realise William Wallace was disembowelled et al, but why is there still such fierce dislike?

Any foreigner thinks is the same fcuking country anyway.

Andy Murray seems to have stirred up this old animosity

Seriously isnt it time to get over this?

Can somebody please explain why the English and the Scottish are constantly bickering with each other and why Andy Murrays Britshness/Scottishness/Whatever the **** ness is causing sucha problem
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Can somebody please explain why the English and the Scottish are constantly bickering with each other and why Andy Murrays Britshness/Scottishness/Whatever the **** ness is causing sucha problem
    Its not

except for pointless trolls on this website

probably

Comment

Many Scots have a chip on their shoulders, but the English really have no problem with Scots, except those bloody Scots politicians that are destroying our economy and culture. I personally hope Murray wins Wimbledon.

Comment

Eh

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Its not

except for pointless trolls on this website

probably
        Ok then well then why do we get articles like this int he telegraph
        http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ja...f-andy-murray/

"Watching his nailbiting match with Wawrinka last night, I realised what makes Andy Murray possibly the most perfect British Wimbledon contender ever.
        He’s good enough to win which means that, unlike with Tim Henman, you’re not squandering emotional energy on guaranteed disappointment. At the same time, though, he’s sufficiently charmless and unappetising (English fans, don’t kid yourselves: he thinks you’re Sassenach scum who wouldn’t know how to deep fry a Mars bar if the entire haggis population of the glens were to scurry from the midgey heather and bite you on the bum) for it not to be remotely bothersome if some Johnny Foreigner gives him a sound thrashing.

So when Murray’s playing, it’s always going to be a win/win situation for the fans. Especially now that, if things go wrong, there’s always Jensen Button."

then comments like this

"Alex Salmond and the SNP, plus Brown, Michael Martin, Alistair Darling, plus all of the other Scottish labourites who have brought Britain to its knees prevent me from supporting him. Scotland can have their independence as far as I am concerned as that way England will stop having to finance them, to the benefit of England, Wales and NI."

It clearly still seems to be an issue
        There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

For most people it is light-hearted rivalry that you get between any neighbouring regions.

But there are a lot of xenophobic nut-jobs about.

Especially them Lancastrian ****ers!

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
            For most people it is light-hearted rivalry that you get between any neighbouring regions.
            WHS

Like Aussies v Kiwis.

Murray is no more unpleasant than most on here were at his age. Actually, he is nicer than many on here.

Comment

... and I hope that Scotland gets the independence and Euro that they wish.

Comment

its great that many still think england subsidises scotland and should go their own way. they will be in for a shock though when they find out how much scotland pays into londons coffers (only to see it squandered on supporting people born far from these shores)

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
                  its great that many still think england subsidises scotland and should go their own way. they will be in for a shock though when they find out how much scotland pays into londons coffers (only to see it squandered on supporting people born far from these shores)

It's fact !! The Barnet formula ensures that every person in Scotland gets an extra 1,000 pounds per head per annum more than others in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post

But there are a lot of xenophobic nut-jobs about.

Especially them Lancastrian ****ers!
                    Well I can assure you that in Lanacashire we don't discriminate we hate Yorkshire men whatever background they have.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X