• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The job market in different parts of the country...?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The job market in different parts of the country...?

I´ve got another thread going somewhere about my plans to return to the NW, specifically Manchester, and get work there.

The response seemed to be that there are zero contracts in that area.

Is that true? Are there any contractors working in the North West?

How about other areas countrywide? Are there any hotspots? Or is it London or nothing?

Cheers
    Lou

I live in Manchester and I work in London - otherwise I simply wouldn't have work!
    But I guess it depends on your skill set
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Yes, I live and work in the NW. The nuclear industry is ticking along nicely and is set to slowly get busier over the next 5 years. Much of this work is in the Warrington area but there is some in Manchester. There is a whole chunk of work further north in Cumbria, many folk (including me) try to avoid that. Other than nuclear, there really is zip all up here right now. It's dead.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Everything is in either London or the Midlands these days. The Norf is fooked right proper, like.

Comment

Quite funny that the majority of Labour voters live in the north.

Well maybe not funny, more amusing to think of all them dyed-in-the-wool Labourites on the scrap heap under a Labour government.

Comment

They still blame Thatcher

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
              They still blame Thatcher
              As many of them have never worked (in anything decent) since Thatcher tulip on them they have every right. Shame they cant see that NL is not helping them though.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I can see where this is heading.... DA, your go.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                  As many of them have never worked (in anything decent) since Thatcher tulip on them they have every right. Shame they cant see that NL is not helping them though.
                  That's too complex for most of the political ranters on here: if they hate New Labour then they have to praise the Tories, otherwise it would not compute.....

Comment

I'm living and working Nr. Sheffield - moved from Anglesey in Feb, there wasn't much work around there
                    A bad workman blames his fools

EDIT: *tools

stupid keyboard.

http://twitter.com/TheAnonTechGuy

Comment

Working...
                    X