• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I the same person?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the same person?

Been thinking about this recently.....it hurt.

I lived in the US from 1998 to 2003, and as such I got an IR1 visa, social security number, CA driving license etc.

Now I'm back in the UK I've just run my credit reports both in the UK and in the US and obviously they are completely different.

So - is there anything to link me to my US persona? Are there any advantages of being 2 people?

I am in the process of setting up a US mailing address and bank account - just for the hell of it, doesn't hurt to keep my credit score good over there, I've trashed my UK one
    A bad workman blames his fools

EDIT: *tools

stupid keyboard.

http://twitter.com/TheAnonTechGuy

Originally posted by SlimRick View Post
    Am I the same person?
    If you have an ID card, you are a foreigner. If you don't, you are a UK national. If you both do and do not have an ID card, you are both the same person.

Does that help?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimRick View Post
      Been thinking about this recently.....it hurt.

I lived in the US from 1998 to 2003, and as such I got an IR1 visa, social security number, CA driving license etc.

Now I'm back in the UK I've just run my credit reports both in the UK and in the US and obviously they are completely different.

So - is there anything to link me to my US persona? Are there any advantages of being 2 people?

I am in the process of setting up a US mailing address and bank account - just for the hell of it, doesn't hurt to keep my credit score good over there, I've trashed my UK one

You are Schrodingers Cat AICMFP

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
        You are Schrodingers Cat AICMFP
        Given that checking your credit rating has an impact upon your credit rating, there's some accuracy in what you say.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
        X