• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone see the program about the Mumbai terrorist attacks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone see the program about the Mumbai terrorist attacks?

Probably the best docu I've seen in a few years. Why? Because for the first time you could understand how the foot-soldiers are manipulated and coerced in real-time to commit atrocities and then told to kill themselves.

It was truly chilling. The foot-soldiers appeared to be not very bright and brain-washed but hearing their controllers telling them that paradise awaited and that the mission would not end successfully till they were dead as well as calmly telling them when and how to kill hostages gave huge insight into what happens.
    Some of the terrorists seemed to distinctly not want to die, but the controllers was bullying and insistent in their demands.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Probably the best docu I've seen in a few years. Why? Because for the first time you could understand how the foot-soldiers are manipulated and coerced in real-time to commit atrocities and then told to kill themselves.

It was truly chilling. The foot-soldiers appeared to be not very bright and brain-washed but hearing their controllers telling them that paradise awaited and that the mission would not end successfully till they were dead as well as calmly telling them when and how to kill hostages gave huge insight into what happens.
    Some of the terrorists seemed to distinctly not want to die, but the controllers was bullying and insistent in their demands.
    Indoctrination is probably commnon to all sides, if not usually taken to such as extremes here. You're just not aware of being manipulated, as they aren't.

Comment

no - is it available streamingly over the interwebs?

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
        no - is it available streamingly over the interwebs?
        Don't know - I think it was Dispatches on Channel 4
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Indoctrination is probably commnon to all sides, if not usually taken to such as extremes here. You're just not aware of being manipulated, as they aren't.
          You've been brain-washed by the conspiracy theorists.

HTH
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

thanks - I'll have a gander over lunch.

Comment

You've been brain-washed by the conspiracy theorists.

HTH
              I'm aware that my views are heavily influenced by my environment. And part of the reason for that awareness is also down to the environment - e.g. being allowed to think and act relatively freely.

Comment

Totally fact based programme
                A refreshing change from BBC's lefty propaganda

Comment

One of the more bizarre scenes is when the terrorists get into a 5-star hotel and are like kids in a sweet shop, obviously the first time in such luxury for them, and report back to the controllers in terms of wonder about the "30 inch screens" and size of the kitchens etc - to the obvious irritation of the controllers who is annoyed that they have interrupted their killing spree.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

. The foot-soldiers appeared to be not very bright and brain-washed but hearing their controllers telling them that paradise awaited and that the mission would not end successfully till they were dead as well as calmly telling them when and how to kill hostages gave huge insight into what happens.

I reckon if the Tories told CyberTwunt to jump off a cliff he would.

Comment

Working...
                    X