• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wanted - Daily Doom™

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted - Daily Doom™

Please post "UK - Next failed state" and "Economy about to tank" type articles.

There's too much cheeriness about at the moment. House prices leaping upwards, recession ending, banks making profits etc.

I blame Gordon.

Loadsa Doom

Comet owner Kesa sees no sign of retail recovery

U.S. Economy In "Shambles" .. No Signs of Recovery Yet

Volkswagen Sees No Sign of Car-Market Recovery

Drax chief Tony Quinlan says he sees no sign of recovery

Comment

To mis-use a great quote:

If you're not thinking about DOOM you're just not concentrating.
      Bored.

Comment

Tony Blair confirms post as president of the European Union.

That ought to keep a few up at night ...

Comment

Kids stuff.

I want "UK bankrupt - IMF refuse rescue loan" at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Kids stuff.

Are you going to vote Labour then?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Kids stuff.

Is that why you are hoarding gold ?

Comment

Of course.

I don't want the Tories trying to unravel the mess.

Hopefully Gordon will triple public spending and we'll all tap into the gravy train, invest in the volatile markets and then piss-off to sunny (tax-free) climes before the IMF are called in.

Comment

... a wee bit of Doom - Ive contracted at Port Dundas many moons ago - even as a contractor used to get 2 Litre bottles of Johnny Walker Blue Label every month as wee thank-you - Port Dundas - no more ... one of the few places whereby you could lose your job for not drinking enough...

Published Date: 01 July 2009
                  DRINKS group Diageo is to shed around 500 Scottish jobs as part of an overhaul which will see the closure of an historic distillery.

Diageo is shutting the Port Dundas distillery in Glasgow, which has been producing whisky since 1810, and is also closing a packaging plant at Kilmarnock in Ayrshire and outsourcing some of its warehousing operations.

Diageo – the group behind brands including Guinness, Smirnoff vodka and Johnnie Walker whisky – is also restructuring its brewing operation in Ireland to cut costs, but is yet to reveal the impact on jobs or its three Irish breweries.

Comment

Working...
                  X