Two sets up - could be the real deal this fella

Menelaus
1st July 2009, 15:41
Two sets up - could be the real deal this fella

Bollocks.

That's jinxed it!

sasguru
1st July 2009, 15:51
Doesn't matter. If he goes thro' Federer will dismantle him in the final anyway.

thelace
1st July 2009, 15:53
My only interest is in his Girlfriend....

:smile

Menelaus
1st July 2009, 15:55
My only interest is in his Girlfriend....

:smile

Who dat?

DaveB
1st July 2009, 15:59
All over, straight sets.

7-5, 6-3, 6-2

pmeswani
1st July 2009, 16:03
All over, straight sets.

7-5, 6-3, 5-2

:spel 6 :)

PM-Junkie
1st July 2009, 16:30
Not trying to offend anyone, but I fancy that the crowd are not as vocal when murray is playing when compared to a federer, or a roddick or dare I say a henman. Without saying anything my other half (who is a murray fan) mentioned it too.

Anyone else got the same feeling?

jmo21
1st July 2009, 16:45
Not trying to offend anyone, but I fancy that the crowd are not as vocal when murray is playing when compared to a federer, or a roddick or dare I say a henman. Without saying anything my other half (who is a murray fan) mentioned it too.

Anyone else got the same feeling?

who cares?

there are many English who won't want him to win just because he is Scottish, and many Scots who want him to win, just to get it up the English.

sad isn't it?!

Menelaus
1st July 2009, 16:46
who cares?

there are many English who won't want him to win just because he is Scottish, and many Scots who want him to win, just to get it up the English.

sad isn't it?!

Yep.

See my previous quote about too many of my brethren (Scots) thinking that Braveheart was a documentary :ohwell

VectraMan
1st July 2009, 16:48
All over, straight sets.

7-5, 6-3, 6-2

Oh. Just turned on the telly expecting to watch another Murray game.:mad: I should pay attention more.

snaw
1st July 2009, 17:30
Doesn't matter. If he goes thro' Federer will dismantle him in the final anyway.

It'd be a final if it happens, so it's different but Murray's record against Federer is pretty good ... 6 - 2 ...

Make of that what you will.

PM-Junkie
1st July 2009, 17:37
It'd be a final if it happens, so it's different but Murray's record against Federer is pretty good ... 6 - 2 ...

...but when federer or nadal play murray in a slam, they seem to take it a little more seriously. A federer in a slam is not the same as a federer in an ordinary tournament - especially on grass. As his opponents thus far have discovered.

fckvwls
1st July 2009, 17:40

Just back from centre court. Watched Federer's and Murray's matches today. Federer today was playing a different game to anyone else, just completely unstoppable. If they meet in the final (which I hope they do) then Murray will not be able to afford the sluggish start he had today. He does have the game to win though...

As for the 6-2 record. Some of those were when the Fed had mono. Results in grand slam finals is Fed 1-0.

snaw
1st July 2009, 17:42
...but when federer or nadal play murray in a slam, they seem to take it a little more seriously. A federer in a slam is not the same as a federer in an ordinary tournament - especially on grass. As his opponents thus far have discovered.

Murray beat Nadal in the semi of the US open last year, think he was so knackered after that that federer made easy work of him in the final ... or it could be that first time and learning etc.

Federer is still favourite, but Murray has the ability to beat him.

snaw
1st July 2009, 17:43
Just back from centre court. Watched Federer's and Murray's matches today. Federer today was playing a different game to anyone else, just completely unstoppable. If they meet in the final (which I hope they do) then Murray will not be able to afford the sluggish start he had today. He does have the game to win though...

As for the 6-2 record. Some of those were when the Fed had mono. Results in grand slam finals is Fed 1-0.

Don't disagree, but my point is that Murray is capable of beating him, so is Nadal and maybe Djokavich - no one else is. And Murray has as good a record against him as anyone, no matter what the reasons ...

d000hg
1st July 2009, 18:31
Just back from centre court. Watched Federer's and Murray's matches today. Federer today was playing a different game to anyone else, just completely unstoppable. If they meet in the final (which I hope they do) then Murray will not be able to afford the sluggish start he had today. He does have the game to win though.My money's also on Federer, but I don't think there was a big gap between the two today. At least, once Murray got into his match, he embarrassed his opponent. Whereas, Federer's opponent was a one-trick pony who won matches just based on a great serve (which he seemed to suck at today relatively).

I think in a final Murray might easily be tense and in that case Federer will destroy him - but if he can play well it would be a close, and great, match. Not as good as Nadal/Federer last year though.

The Lone Gunman
1st July 2009, 18:41
Dont like tennis, dont like Murray, but I hope he wins it.
I hope the crowd get behind him and he lifts his game in response.

Cyberman
1st July 2009, 19:44
Murray to beat Federer 3-2 in the final !! :happy

xoggoth
1st July 2009, 19:57
Hey how about a CUK gambling thingy? I suppose it would be illegal or something.

snaw
1st July 2009, 20:00
Hey how about a CUK gambling thingy? I suppose it would be illegal or something.

Good idea, I'll bet on Federer - if he wins then CB never darkens CUK's doors again, and if Murray wins everyone is happy!

WIN/WIN situation imo.

The Lone Gunman
1st July 2009, 20:03
if Murray wins everyone is happy!

WIN/WIN situation imo.Apart from we will never here the last of a Scots winner of Wimbledon. I still want him to win mind.

snaw
1st July 2009, 20:06
Apart from we will never here the last of a Scots winner of Wimbledon. I still want him to win mind.

Bit like 1966 every time a world cup comes around?

d000hg
1st July 2009, 20:07
Well, at least the person he plays next (Roddick) will be knackered.

oracleslave
1st July 2009, 20:46

I was there too. Pretty much agree with what you said. Gutted I didn't see the Hewitt v Roddick match, looked a cracker. Atmosphere was quite subdued on centre court today.

Looks like the Murray v Federer final is definitely on. I just hope that if (and I think he will although he does have a shot) Murray loses the final these 'bandwagon' fans don't all slate Murray for having failed.

PM-Junkie
1st July 2009, 21:00
I was there too. Pretty much agree with what you said. Gutted I didn't see the Hewitt v Roddick match, looked a cracker. Atmosphere was quite subdued on centre court today.

Looks like the Murray v Federer final is definitely on. I just hope that if (and I think he will although he does have a shot) Murray loses the final these 'bandwagon' fans don't all slate Murray for having failed.
So I wasn't imagining it then? I wonder why...maybe it's the roof?

You're right about the roddick/hewitt match - absolute belter.